Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you go back (I think) about 25 pages (on this post), I went through the same thing. You have to format both M2 SSD’s as Mac OS X (Extended Journaled) and not APFS. Having it setup the way you do now will take 6 min to load up on your desktop or others things that will mess up your performance. Once I changed the format everything now works just fine. Hope this helps.

I had the same problem under both, OSX and Windows. Speed was degraded to 700 MB/s in both on-board M2 slots. I only could resolve this by swapping them to the Asus Hyper x16 M2 card, which you have to buy for about 50,- EUR. This solved my problem, even Samsung support could not explain why this is the case. I am still thinking about a defective MoBo, since the NVMEs ran full speed on my x299 TUF...

hi, i have HS 10.13.2 and work fine with 1 gpu R9 280x, but don't boot with 2 x R9 280x
added Lilu and Whatevergreen in EFi

Help please

asus tuf x299 Mark 1
i9 7900x
r9 280x

I had the same problem under both, OSX and Windows. Speed was degraded to 700 MB/s in both on-board M2 slots. I only could resolve this by swapping them to the Asus Hyper x16 M2 card, which you have to buy for about 50,- EUR. This solved my problem, even Samsung support could not explain why this is the case. I am still thinking about a defective MoBo, since the NVMEs ran full speed on my x299 TUF...
I'm having the same problem on my current build. My boot drive, Samsung 960 Evo, is under the heat shield does this. However, my older Samsung 950 Pro that is installed into a PCIE x4 adapter does not. I thought it was the drive throttling because of heat. More info on that here. When I run Blackmagic Disk Speed my speed on the 960 under the heat shield starts great but immediately drops to around 700. I'm going to swap the drives around and look into this as soon as time permits.

Are you sure you need whatever-green?
I use Vega FE and I do not have what evergreen.
Trie do boot without ...

I don't know your language :p, but @prunzi have right, you don't need whatevergreen.kext, so first you can try without it and then we will see if it works or not :)

//edit: hmm... I'm not 100% sure if it's the same thing for RX 280X etc
maybe @kgp will know.. he had some older RX card

i have tested without whatevergreen.kext,
in practice, after the bios asus screen, it remains stationary on a black screen and a flashing cursor at the top left.
the gpu under windows works: - /

Cool cool cool, but still something is wrong with your CPU configuration, I mean XCPM
Well... what seems you wrong and what is your suggestion for fix it?

So I've set up my machine with a couple of NVME drives. One is the boot drive and installed under the heat shield on the mother board. The other is installed in the vertical slot to the right of DIMM slots. For reasons I can't figure out, the second drive doesn't immediately mount on log in. There's nothing particularly special about the drive: it's formatted as a single APFS volume which contains various folders full of data. It simply doesn't mount on log in even though it's visible and mountable in Disk Utility.

Perhaps relatedly, my machine is also highly prone to freezing up right after login. If I let it sit and idle for a few minutes, it's fine. I can fire up Xcode and get to work. Without that warm up time, though, the least little thing will randomly bring the SPOD and cause it to freeze solid.

Anyone have any clues? I feel like there's some underlying hardware configuration issue that's the root of both these problems, but I haven't been able to find it yet. It seems like that from the point of view of the OS, the second drive is not quite there until the machine has had some time idle, and any attempt to access it before then causes a freeze.

Are there any settings in the ASUS X299 BIOS that could cause the delayed mount of NVME devices? I've combed through them and didn't see anything obvious, but I'm by no means an expert in BIOS configuration.

Thanks in advance!
Trie to load the new bios for the Motherboard AND also for the NVME... then see how/if it changes.

Well... what seems you wrong and what is your suggestion for fix it?

but with only one gpu starts quietly, what should I check?

[QUOTE = "prunzi, post: 1645079, membro: 1725469"] Sei sicuro di aver bisogno di qualsiasi cosa-verde?
Io uso Vega FE e non ho quello che è sempreverde.
Trie fai il boot senza ... [/ QUOTE]
Ho provato anche senza verde :(
tu have this? https://www.amazon.it/dp/B072XKTT7C/?tag=tonymacx86com-21
YESSS!!! ;-))
For playing is baybe not the best, but I use one Parallel Virtual machine, Windows 10 pro AND on top Solidworks, so I needed for complex design one -by solidworks- certified graphic card, and Vega works perfectly out of the box for MacOS 10.13.

[Quote = "prunzi post: 1645143, membro: 1725469"]? Beh ... quello che sembra sbagliato e ciò che è il tuo suggerimento per Fix it [/ QUOTE]

but with only one gpu starts quietly, what should I check?
First please post your Hardware configuration, bios settings and your config.plist, so that maybe we can see if you missed some important setting.... Then KGP suggest on pag. 1 point 2 a) of this forum the kext and setting to use with older AMD-ATI card.... my suggestion is to follow the guide and eventually trie the combinations of the suggested settings.... more would be difficult to suggest without more deeper information...
...by the way are you Italian?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back