My new system work fine!!!

HS 10.13.2

Asus X299 TUF Mark 1
i9 7900x
32gb G.Skill 3200mhz
840 evo
960 evo
R9 280x

only problem is my second R9 280x, not boot system when second card is inside :(

you have for solving?

Last edited:
Reactions: kgp
Then try to get it to slot 1 also in PCI ;)

I think it's time to learn everything what I didn't had time to learn....
and start to use IORegiestryExplorer to configure everything correctly if needed ...:)

and about my Vega... today/now - I simply don't know nothing, without ideas...:problem:
I think I'm too tired today to work with new config.... :mrgreen:

PS: but I can't say... if you/anyone have any advices - I'm sure, tomorrow I will read everything (happy like little dog),
I need only few hours for sleep and regeneration... :) :p

Reactions: kgp
So I've set up my machine with a couple of NVME drives. One is the boot drive and installed under the heat shield on the mother board. The other is installed in the vertical slot to the right of DIMM slots. For reasons I can't figure out, the second drive doesn't immediately mount on log in. There's nothing particularly special about the drive: it's formatted as a single APFS volume which contains various folders full of data. It simply doesn't mount on log in even though it's visible and mountable in Disk Utility.

Perhaps relatedly, my machine is also highly prone to freezing up right after login. If I let it sit and idle for a few minutes, it's fine. I can fire up Xcode and get to work. Without that warm up time, though, the least little thing will randomly bring the SPOD and cause it to freeze solid.

Anyone have any clues? I feel like there's some underlying hardware configuration issue that's the root of both these problems, but I haven't been able to find it yet. It seems like that from the point of view of the OS, the second drive is not quite there until the machine has had some time idle, and any attempt to access it before then causes a freeze.

Are there any settings in the ASUS X299 BIOS that could cause the delayed mount of NVME devices? I've combed through them and didn't see anything obvious, but I'm by no means an expert in BIOS configuration.

Thanks in advance!

How do you know it works good? You just said the system restarts when you try to login. Put 1.15V (that's a bit too much, I know, but just to be sure) and see if you can boot without a restart. If you still can't, then the problem is somewhere else. 1.15V should be plenty, while 1.10V might be a bit too low. I know my system is not stable enough at 1.10V, it needs 1.12V.

I am still assuming here that the auto voltage in the BIOS is not working well (like was my case with the 7820X).
the PC not reseted,run other program is ok ,the bluetooth works good

So I've set up my machine with a couple of NVME drives. One is the boot drive and installed under the heat shield on the mother board. The other is installed in the vertical slot to the right of DIMM slots. For reasons I can't figure out, the second drive doesn't immediately mount on log in. There's nothing particularly special about the drive: it's formatted as a single APFS volume which contains various folders full of data. It simply doesn't mount on log in even though it's visible and mountable in Disk Utility.

Perhaps relatedly, my machine is also highly prone to freezing up right after login. If I let it sit and idle for a few minutes, it's fine. I can fire up Xcode and get to work. Without that warm up time, though, the least little thing will randomly bring the SPOD and cause it to freeze solid.

Anyone have any clues? I feel like there's some underlying hardware configuration issue that's the root of both these problems, but I haven't been able to find it yet. It seems like that from the point of view of the OS, the second drive is not quite there until the machine has had some time idle, and any attempt to access it before then causes a freeze.

Are there any settings in the ASUS X299 BIOS that could cause the delayed mount of NVME devices? I've combed through them and didn't see anything obvious, but I'm by no means an expert in BIOS configuration.

Thanks in advance!

..dalayed mount time of NVME ... I'm not sure, but what I remember it was 3.6.7 from our Prime X299 Deluxe Guide
: U2 is detected -> M2_2 is disabled

BTW I have to take some coffee to start my brain correctly ... :)

Have a nice day! :D

Graphics seem slower with 10.13.2 and the new NVIDIA drivers - Geekbench compute scores for metal, and also Cinebench are giving much lower values. Is anyone experiencing the same ?

Graphics seem slower with 10.13.2 and the new NVIDIA drivers - Geekbench compute scores for metal, and also Cinebench are giving much lower values. Is anyone experiencing the same ?

Nope... I cannot confirm such behaviour under 10.13.2. Geekbench Cinebench and Metal Scores are in the same range when compared with 10.13.1!

Nope... I cannot confirm such behaviour under 10.13.2. Geekbench Cinebench and Metal Scores are in the same range when compared with 10.13.1!
Thanks. The Geekbench Metal scores were due to this drive having an older geekbench on it (4.1.3), upgraded to 4.2.0 and now is fixed. From 4.2.0 release notes
  • Fix issues that could cause Geekbench to underreport Metal performance on discrete GPUs such as the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 or the AMD Radeon RX 580.
Not sure why my Cinebench is still reporting lower, will keep looking

Thanks in advance!

If you go back (I think) about 25 pages (on this post), I went through the same thing. You have to format both M2 SSD’s as Mac OS X (Extended Journaled) and not APFS. Having it setup the way you do now will take 6 min to load up on your desktop or others things that will mess up your performance. Once I changed the format everything now works just fine. Hope this helps.

I am having trouble with my GPU(s):
I tried to upgrade to 10.13.2 with my Radeon Pro 560 after updating Lilu and Whatevergreen but I was welcomed with a black screen and could not update. So I unplugged it and installed my old Nvidia 750 ti which works but the colors are washed out... However I was able to complete the installation.

Now that I'm running my nVidia I would like to either:
a. somehow fix the washed out colors with my 750 ti or
b. reinstall my Radeon and get rid of the black screen at load

Can anyone help me please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back