Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
with the 00 code i mean sorry my english ;) is like turning on a PC without a cpu. so i think cpu is dead.
KGP have try the Motherboard with no cpu inside and the code is 00 on

yesterday in my work its come a customer with a MSI mainboard and a i9 7900X cpu he hase code 00 so i try change mainboard but the same, so i change cpu and now works (CPU was DEAD)

Yes, it could be the CPU.....but it's worth trying the other troubleshooting steps first just to be sure.....

EDIT: If it is the CPU, Intel *might* cover it under warranty.....

Last edited:
@ALL ,

Look at this.. I found this spare part on the MOSFET Cooler!

IMG_9148.jpg

It seems that it has detached from here, no idea why ...

IMG_9150.png

Does anybody know the function of this part?

I already returned the CPU to the store... I don't know if this also damaged the CPU ... we will see..

Ufffff.... :eek:o_O

So, thats what 8auer meant when he said 2 x 8 Pins is helpful when overclocking x299. RIP, my condolence !

So, thats what 8auer meant when he said 2 x 8 Pins is helpful when overclocking x299. RIP, my condolence !

I did not even overclock the CPU! I just set CPU Core Ratio to "Sync All Cores"! No OC at all!

Hm, im wondering If the CPU is passing its TDP with Sync all Cores. I read that our CPU can easily reach 300 Watt when pushing all cores, even without overclocking. Maybe you got a faulty board and the sudden jump in ampere, in conjunction with your new very powerful PSU, fried it.

Last edited:
I am simply not able to follow all your problems... From one of the experts with leading benchmarks with i9-7900 and X299 in this tread to a newbie over night? How is this possible?

My system works now for 4 months without any issue! So please don't blame or question Skylake-X and X299 here in public! That's simple neither fair nor adequate! Try to start form scratch and precisely follow my guide!

I understand your frustration... But please try to behave, respond and argue within a the tolerable, acceptable and adequate range!

Thanks in advance!

@kgp: Yes, that was also exactly my problem: I did not know where the error was coming from. I am now back fully operational and first of all thanks for all the help to you and @mgregrs. The problem is not retraceable, but I found out the following:

1) The problem came from the NVME installed under the heat sink - after removing it, I could install OSX flawlessly.
2) I completely deleted the NVME with the Samsung tool und windows
3) When I put my GFXs back in, the Bios was beeping 8 times, no picture
4) I had to do a CMOS reset
5) I had to refresh the BIOS
6) Now everything seems to be working and I am backing up to NVME, so I will soon again have a base system (thanks God)

AFTER ALL, it seemed like some weird hardware problem I cannot tell where it was coming from.

Sorry to hear your system is dead, I hope you will recover soon - I know the frustration first hand, as you know.

Just to finnish my thought:

As I wrote many pages before, I was able to use Sync all Cores without any issue. As per your description, you had some stability problems even directly after boot. Well, my Board was able to handle things well, but immediately crashed when using Prime. I didn't change anything than Sync all Cores. So I assume, your board was from the very beginning more fragile.

Reactions: kgp
@kgp , what theme is in your Windows 10 dual boot picture? I don't see it in your sample EFI or on Clover Theme Manager. I attached a picture of it. Thanks!

Attachments

• clover_dualboot_w10-png.275753.png
    clover_dualboot_w10-png.275753.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 179
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back