Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poll @ALL
What file system are you using?
I will setup up my system from scratch tonight, so a hint would be helpful.

Thank you all.

Last edited:
Poll @ALL
What file system are you using?
I will setup up my system from scratch tonight, so a hint would be helpful.

Thank you all.

Me, APFS straight away..

I have an alesis v49, generally Alesis is great quality for a fair price. They have bigger and more advanced models also.

For me Safari is the issue, or playing sounds with quicktime or itunes, chrome works just fine.

I've done all those things.
Something peculiar happened yesterday when i booted with pretty much all kernel patches enabled. Apple power management got enabled, with two powerstates and performance is horrible, 12 000 in Geekbench but somehow the issue with audio playback in Safari disappeared. I suspect it has something to do with powermanagement and specifically XCPM.

Yup and particularly with your mainboard and likely with your BIOS settings :thumbup:

I have an alesis v49, generally Alesis is great quality for a fair price. They have bigger and more advanced models also.

For me Safari is the issue, or playing sounds with quicktime or itunes, chrome works just fine.

I've done all those things.
Something peculiar happened yesterday when i booted with pretty much all kernel patches enabled. Apple power management got enabled, with two powerstates and performance is horrible, 12 000 in Geekbench but somehow the issue with audio playback in Safari disappeared. I suspect it has something to do with powermanagement and specifically XCPM.

In my opinion you should reinstall whole system.
Clean 10.13.1 install should/can help :D

PS: I'm interested in keys reaction and feeling ... with Alesis...
and I think this time I will take 88 version :)

Last edited:
In my opinion you should reinstall whole system.
Clean 10.13.1 install should/can help :D

PS: I'm interested in keys reaction and feeling ... with Alesis...
and I think this time I will take 88 version :)

Try Novation, much better key action by far

No never... My 2 eth works perfect :)
Which one you use actually I219 or I211 ?
Higher you have I211
Lower I219 :)
If you use I211, do you use Small Tree kext? (some people had problems with old kext)

I use the higher one since my lower one is even worse (disconnects (the port lights start blinking on/off) all the time). Not sure why I'm having these problems, but I'll try the Small Tree kext.

I use the higher one since my lower one is even worse (disconnects (the port lights start blinking on/off) all the time). Not sure why I'm having these problems, but I'll try the Small Tree kext.

That's why! Try Small Tree kext!

Well I hope that fixes any possible issues you might have if it’s freezing up on you using “sink all cores.“ i’ve always believed that your PSU is the heart of your system.

No way! Replaced my former Corsair AX860i PSU by the Corsair AX1500i! Same issue, same problem with the 1500W PSU! 450 Dollars for nothing! When using the I9-7980XE with CPU Core Ratio set to "Sync All Cores" instead of "Auto", the system would randomly freeze under system idle conditions (CPU at 1.2 Ghz and 20 deg Celsius).

With CPU Core Ratio set to "Auto", everything just works flawless... :banghead::crazy::lol:;)

No way! Replaced my former Corsair AX860i PSU by the Corsair AX1500i! Same issue, same problem with the 1500W PSU! 450 Dollars for nothing! When using the I9-7980XE with CPU Core Ratio set to "Sync All Cores" instead of "Auto", the system would randomly freeze under system idle conditions (CPU at 1.2 Ghz and 20 deg Celsius).

With CPU Core Ratio set to "Auto", everything just works flawless... :banghead::crazy::lol:;)

And what about by core... "manual" option :)
Maybe/or almost sure: it will be even better if you set every core by yourself.. ;)
I wasn't in "subject" but yes.. I didn't read PSU history... :p
New PSU was great idea for future, but for me it was simple and clear it wasn't PSU problem.
Did you tired manual CPU settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back