Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the DSDT Patch? I've done the same but audio is not showing at all! Could be important that I use OSXAptioFix2000 and EmuVariableUefi and slide=0 to boot /nvram? AptioOSX in @kgp EFI not works for me :banghead:

There's no need for a DSDT/SSDT patch (though you could do that in there). All you need is renaming CAVS into HDEF
Code:
Comment:          Find*[Hex]     Replace [Hex]
CAVS -> HDEF      43415653       48444546
in clover

There's no need for a DSDT/SSDT patch (though you could do that in there). All you need is renaming CAVS into HDEF
Code:
Comment:          Find*[Hex]     Replace [Hex]
CAVS -> HDEF      43415653       48444546
in clover
Done... Doesn't work! After an afternoon spent setting macos now I get what attached jpg shows. Please note I use osxaptiofixfree2000 and emuvaribleefi and slide=0 cause aptiomemoryfix don't work. Jeez I'm getting really upset, selling my 6700K iMac 5k has been a terrible error! If I could go back I'll never do it again! Sorry for the rant, I wanna cry.

Attachments

• IMG_20180716_210558.jpg
    IMG_20180716_210558.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 84
And the DSDT Patch? I've done the same but audio is not showing at all! Could be important that I use OSXAptioFix2000 and EmuVariableUefi and slide=0 to boot /nvram? AptioOSX in @kgp EFI not works for me :banghead:

possibly because you have slide variables still in NVRAM..

if you want to try using AptioMemoryFix again, read/do all of this and try again (it is superior to all other aptio drivers right now)
https://github.com/acidanthera/AptioFixPkg

@nsm can you upload a copy of your EFI directory so that we can see what's been done? I was under the impression that you should be using AptioMemoryFix, not any of the other variants with X299.

Ya absolutely. attached is my complete EFI folder. When I tried to install using only AptioMemoryFix I was running into runtime allocation errors.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17 MB · Views: 71
Add your usb devices to spotlights privacy tab under system preferences and it won’t eject.

But this will disable the search ability of the USB drives. So not a working solution.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Mcity

Hey guys,

My build went into sleep today and I couldn't wake the machine up properly. Have had problems booting ever since. I've attached image of start up verbose.

Anyone got any idea how to resolve this issue?

Attachments

• IMG_6131.JPG
    IMG_6131.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 98
Got my Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64 and it is huge! Need to mess with the SSDT but the HDMI ports only output to 24 hz for some reason. Can't get them to 60. Also Airplay seems to work, itunes movies and netflix work too. :)

Edit: decided I’m going to return the Vega 64 and bought a frontier on eBay.

Last edited:
Add your usb devices to spotlights privacy tab under system preferences and it won’t eject.
It might even fix your sleep issues.

But this will disable the search ability of the USB drives. So not a working solution.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Mcity

I added a disk to Spotlight Privacy but it didnt have any effect (a LaCie USB3 in my case).
Still USB disks are ejected when sleeping and re-mounted when waking up.

My thunderbolt devices are not showing up at all. :(

On the first one, two days of testing they showed up under Win10 and macOS (not always, but mostly), but while testing the different SSDTs it got less and later not at all. Maybe too much hot-plugging-testing??
Used startech TB3->TB2 adapter and a LaCie TB hard drive.

I am running 10.13.6 and BIOS 1401, but problems occured identically already with 10.13.4 and patched 1301.

Also under Win10 they dont show up.
I re-installed TBEX driver.
I even bought new Apple TB3->TB2 adapter to try, but no difference.

In BIOS I set everything in TB section according to @kgp`s guide.

Hence,
has anyone an other idea what to try than to replace the TBEX3-Add-in-card because it may be broken?

Thanks for comments, help appreciated!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back