Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure the USB device partition type is MBR and that the it is in FAT32 format.
If the light stays on after just a few blinks you know either the partitioning or format is wrong or there is some other problem with the flash disk itself.

When preconditions are fulfilled, flashback light should should go on for a couple of minutes until the light goes out when flashing is completed.

Btw, I figured out how to get it working. I just made my usb drive with diskutil and it worked

@kgp could you add this to the tutorial. Thanks

sudo diskutil eraseDisk FAT32 <MAKE UP USB DRIVE NAME> MBRFormat /dev/<disk mount point>
sudo diskutil eraseDisk FAT32 RASPBIAN MBRFormat /dev/disk2

@taskforce21 ,

Did you adopt and use TSCAdjust.kext in /EFI/CLover/kexts/Other? It is absolutely mandatory with any unpatched BIOS. Also do you disable MSR lock in your BIOS settings?

Cheers,

KGP

I adopt TSCAdjust.kext in /EFI/CLover/kexts/Other and disable MSR lock in the BIOS. Please look attached images and tell me what am doing wrong

Attachments

• Clover_1.jpeg
    Clover_1.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 83
  • clover_2.jpeg
    clover_2.jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 106
  • clover_3.jpeg
    clover_3.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 92
  • clover_4.jpeg
    clover_4.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 107
  • clover_5.jpeg
    clover_5.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 96
  • clover_6.jpeg
    clover_6.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 100
I adopt TSCAdjust.kext in /EFI/CLover/kexts/Other and disable MSR lock in the BIOS. Please look attached images and tell me what am doing wrong
those images are about how to install clover.

Clover has nothing to do with the necessary kernel extension required for the x299. It's all explained in the first post, and you will find the TSCAdjust.kext file on that first post.

This thread is about how to get machines with X299 chipset running... Your motherboard isn't using that. there's other threads on this forum more suited.

those images are about how to install clover.

Clover has nothing to do with the necessary kernel extension required for the x299. It's all explained in the first post, and you will find the TSCAdjust.kext file on that first post.

This thread is about how to get machines with X299 chipset running... Your motherboard isn't using that. there's other threads on this forum more suited.

I already applied TSCAdjust,kext and it didn't work, stuck on APPLE LOGO. I attached those images to see if am doing something wrong.

Also, just finish patching BIOS and my board says wrong BIOS

Yep on your mac OS Installer USB in the EFI partition. under /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/

I did it, but still stuck on Apple logo screen. am using BIOS 0502. Try to patch my BIOS as well and the board doesn't want to recognized the BIOS.

I AM USING AN ASUS X299 SAGE with a 7900X.

Ok, you've changed your signature and equipment details in your profile. That helps.

Occasionally it takes a **REALLY** long time at the apple boot logo. And multiple resets. Sometimes you have to go with it. I'd assume you waited so then you need to check your boot medium to see if its the same as the guide.

Read section D in the guide, from that clover boot screen you've got it looks like you've not used the EFI folder provided or you've overwritten it at a later point, the guide version clover config also has verbose mode enabled so you'd be able to see where the boot is failing/stuck.

Things to check.
  • Did you make your install USB properly?
  • Did you then make it bootable?
  • Did you then use the EFI folder from the guide?
You don't need to run the clover installer if you're using the EFI folder provided. Try again and come back to us after confirming you've followed those steps first.

Last edited:
35575671_343809889482951_100434361358221312_n.jpg

And Done!!! (kinda...waiting for bluetooth adopter)

x299 Build finished!

Ok, you've changed your signature and equipment details in your profile. That helps.

Occasionally it takes a **REALLY** long time at the apple boot logo. And multiple resets. Sometimes you have to go with it. I'd assume you waited so then you need to check your boot medium to see if its the same as the guide.

Read section D in the guide, from that clover boot screen you've got it looks like you've not used the EFI folder provided or you've overwritten it at a later point, the guide version clover config also has verbose mode enabled so you'd be able to see where the boot is failing/stuck.

Things to check.
  • Did you make your install USB properly?
  • Did you then make it bootable?
  • Did you then use the EFI folder from the guide?
You don't need to run the clover installer if you're using the EFI folder provided. Try again and come back to us after confirming you've followed those steps first.

LOOK where am at now. Should i wait or what should i do?

Attachments

• 20180624_170840.jpg
    20180624_170840.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 101
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back