Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
do i need to remove something from the config file?

I should say "sorry" :p ... that's true ... it's a big and important thing!
Other things and work was so important, that I didn't even think about that ... :D
and what about you KGP and your Monster 7980XE? :)

Delete ssdt.aml from /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ directory
then reboot PC, open IntelPowerGadget and Cinebench test on the same time....

I should say "sorry" :p ... that's true ... it's a big and important thing!
Other things and work was so important, that I didn't even think about that ... :D
and what about you KGP and your Monster 7980XE? :)

The beast still works fine with ssdt.aml :mrgreen: so I guess no native XCPM support for the CPU monster yet.. :rolleyes: i will check on that tomorrow... we passed already midnight here in Germany... now I need a rest and I don‘t care about further historical breakthroughs :lol::lol::lol:

subsequently you can also try to disable the last remaining xcpm KernelToPatch entry...

Intersting would also be to know if your rih now boots without CPU Type and FakeCPUID..

Do a stepwhise testing approach and report back with your findings and results..

We talk tomorrow ;) good night for me now :lol:

The beast still works fine with ssdt.aml :mrgreen: so I guess no native XCPM support for the CPU monster yet.. :rolleyes: i will check on that tomorrow... we passed already midnight here in Germany... now I need a rest and I don‘t care about further historical breakthroughs :lol::lol::lol:

I hope it will change in future with XCMP for your Beast :)
Don't worry - I live in France so it's only 500-700 km of distance, so we have the same time and YES we need a rest
for new historical breakthroughs tomorrow :p :D

Last edited:
Reactions: kgp
i will, thanks and good night :)

Without fake CPUID we can't boot... I always use 05606E4
and can't even boot with 050654 like some others... :p
BTW I tested 040674 and boot without problem, there was no difference nowhere ...
so I think it will be better to stay with 05606E4 :D

Good night! ;)

I removed the file from patched folder, I'm getting message,

Power management may be incomplete or unsupported

And then panic and reboot :(

I don't believe we have native CPU power management just yet.
The whole trick is using '05606E4' which is Skylake desktop CPUID not our Skylake X CPUID of '0560650' according to 'Pike'. Also in order to use '0560654' which is similar to our processor, the XCPM bootstrap patch needs to be enabled. As Pike mentioned in the comments here, this is plain and simple silly.

Obviously when using the '05606E4' we do not need the XCPM bootstrap.
Yes the system will work without a SSDT.aml or SSDT-XCPM.aml however you will not have 'Power Nap' and who knows what other implications it brings. Even on a supported i7 6700K build you need either SSDT.aml, SSDT-XCPM.aml or appropriate edits to generate C and P states in clover on boot to have fully functional PM and Power Nap.

If one wants to have native PM we have to wait for Apple to release builds that have more details on the new iMac Pro and in turn bring greater support for our X299 processors indirectly.

In the meantime I would focus more on modifying Codec Commander for audio after sleep instead of experimenting with something that simply isn't supported just yet, especially not in our 10.13 SU build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back