Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kgp
When it woke up, screen will be black and stuck for a long time.
mouse can’t be moved smoothly. restart the pc to return to normal
thanks a lot

I thought the thread moderator had agreed to not mess up the numbering again?
What was: page 873 of this thread is now: page 865.
Did another poster suddenly become a "non-person" again?
My advice to the moderator would be: don't delete all previous posts if or when a particular author gets his or her account deleted.
Edit/modify the one single post that might be "against rules" and makes the author "ban worthy".
But: don't go and delete all previous posts by that same author; leave existing bookmarked links as they existed before the "ban" incident occurred.

Last edited:
@kgp
When it woke up, screen will be black and stuck for a long time.
mouse can’t be moved smoothly. restart the pc to return to normal
thanks a lot

Use NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext v1.2.7 and Lilu.kext v1.2.3!

No more needed for right bios seettings.

I have a working SSDT-TB3 adapted from SSDT-X299-TB3-iMacPro-KGP.aml for my Gigabyte X229 UD4.

Try this one.

@Loloflatsix Thanks!! This worked Hotplug now works! We should adopt this to work with the additional Thunderbolt SSDT: SSDT-TB3-L02-BR1X.aml @kgp recommends in the guide for better compatibility

I tried but fell short!

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3-L02-BR1X.aml (1).zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 66
@Loloflatsix Thanks!! This worked Hotplug now works! We should adopt this to work with the additional Thunderbolt SSDT: SSDT-TB3-L02-BR1X.aml @kgp recommends in the guide for better compatibility

I tried but fell short!

Note that SSDT-TB3-L02-BR1X.aml is for the TB PCIe adaptor in Slot-4! The same states for the SSDT-X299-TB3-xxx.aml

h.) The 56 CPxx -> PRxx replacements are i9-7980XE specific and result in a proper CPU core reordering as well as in a iMac Pro specific CPU core variable naming.

All i9-7980XE users can now enable all 56 CPxx -> PRxx replacements. All users of CPUs different from the i9-7980XE have to adopt/modify the 56 CPxx -> PRxx replacements in concordance with their original IOREG CPU core values.

@kgp This is not clear what it is your supposed to do if you have a different CPU, can you please clarify? This is literally the only part of the guide that does not make sense.

THanks!

@kgp This is not clear what it is your supposed to do if you have a different CPU, can you please clarify? This is literally the only part of the guide that does not make sense.

THanks!

What do you mean by "does not make sense"? Wouldn't it be better to say, "is not clear to you"?

See e.g. question in post #8473, answer in #8478, question in post #8481, answer in post #8483.. Along this thread there are more examples..

As the page numbering apparently has once more changed unfortunately, all references above might be off anyway... You need to investigate yourself how to find the posts I refer to.

Note that SSDT-TB3-L02-BR1X.aml is for the TB PCIe adaptor in Slot-4! The same states for the SSDT-X299-TB3-xxx.aml

Yes @kgp its in Slot 4 it has to be for Gigabyte or the bios wont recognize it! @Loloflatsix replied to my post seeking help with the Gigabyte Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt card hotplug for my Gigabyte board. The SSDT he provided (attached below) works flawlessly to enable hotplug thunderbolt support. I would like to get it sorted to work with the SSDT-TB3-L02-BR1X and then add it to the first page guide for Gigabyte users

Attachments

• RP21-SSDT-TB3-X299.aml.zip
    3 KB · Views: 66
I thought the thread moderator had agreed to not mess up the numbering again?
What was: page 873 of this thread is now: page 865.
Did another poster suddenly become a "non-person" again?
My advice to the moderator would be: don't delete all previous posts if or when a particular author gets his or her account deleted.
Edit/modify the one single post that might be "against rules" and makes the author "ban worthy".
But: don't go and delete all previous posts by that same author; leave existing bookmarked links as they existed before the "ban" incident occurred.

Hi @Stork,

this is already the second time that the page numbering of this thread becomes totally upside down. Note that it is a thread with nearly 9000 posts and hundreds of cross references. All cross references are upside down now. However, they are absolutely vital in many cases.

I suggest to use place holders with whatever information for posts, which have been removed in line with the removal of some user profile.

It would be great if we could fix the current issue as soon as possible and return to the previous post numbering.

Many thanks in advance,

KGP

What do you mean by "does not make sense"? Wouldn't it be better to say, "is not clear to you"?

See e.g. question in post #8473, answer in #8478, question in post #8481, answer in post #8483.. Along this thread there are more examples..

As the page numbering apparently has once more changed unfortunately, all references above might be off anyway... You need to investigate yourself how to find the posts I refer to.

Yes @kgp it doesn't make sense to me don't take it personally, thanks! What I mean is my IO reg has the same number of CPxx but using a different CPU they are less populated (as its a ten core) but why would it hurt to rename the unused ones to PR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back