How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kgp
Use this version:

Attachments

• RehabMan-MaciASL-2018-0507.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 73
I did change the integer to 11 (12 threads, 6 cores). Do I need to do anything in Clover or is moving to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ on both the install drive and the destination drive enough?
Error unfortunately remains the same with End RandomSeed.

Should I try to upgrade from 1301 to 1401?

Thanks for the help!

You might miss more things. Please further crosscheck with guide..

Also add your system specs to either your profile or signature!

BTW, is your MSR unlocked??? If locked, you you know that you need to implement the core_scope Kernel patch?

@kgp
Use this version:

Thanks, but you also have both variables once more in your definition block. So what? I don’t see any issue on that. Too lazy know to change once more 5 guides because of this cosmetic detail.

o.k. than it's really only the MaciASL version I run here that adds those lines to all codes ... :lol: However at least they seem not to harm at all and it's rather a question of aesthetics..

I will change to the version of MaciASL you attached above and remove the two lines from the guides when I feel like and have more force and power :lol:...

I am here thinking, writing and answering posts for more then 14 hours.. :crazy:

Tomorrow definitely will be another day :wave:

P.S: When will we start writing the TB BUS kext? :mrgreen:

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    83 bytes · Views: 66
You might miss more things. Please further crosscheck with guide..

Also add your system specs to either your profile or signature!

BTW, is your MSR unlocked??? If locked, you you know that you need to implement the core_scope Kernel patch?
Is there a way to check when I cannot access a terminal? I'm not sure the TUF MARK 2 has a BIOS flashback button, if so I'd definitely need to remove the board again (might be hidden).
If it's locked, is there no way to get it to work?

OK, I am ok finally. There were some other things in ASRock BIOS that allowed install and first boot of OSX, however after shutdown and fresh start they did not allow booting again. All of them related to security.
So for now I got the same Cinebench R15 results as in Windows for CPU and OpenGL as well. I am quite happy. The only thing I have to resolve is monitor sleep/wake that does not work and forces me to hard restart

Attachments

• Screenshot at Jun 18 23-26-39.png
    Screenshot at Jun 18 23-26-39.png
    83 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: kgp
Is there a way to check when I cannot access a terminal? I'm not sure the TUF MARK 2 has a BIOS flashback button, if so I'd definitely need to remove the board again (might be hidden).
If it's locked, is there no way to get it to work?

What for you need a terminal when you are not even able to boot your system?

The flash back button is on the back panel of your mainboard! No reason to remove the board from the casing!

Which BIOS version do you use? With BIOS >/= 1301 you should be able to unlock MSR from BIOS.

Are you reading at all what I was writing you above?

I already told you that with locked MSR you have to enable the core_scope Kernel patch, which is disabled by default in the config.plist of my EFI-Folder distribution!

To me it is quite clear already, why your system did not boot at all..

What about you?

What for you need a terminal when you are not even able to boot your system?

The flash back button is on the back panel of your mainboard! No reason to remove the board from the casing!

Which BIOS version do you use? With BIOS >/= 1301 you should be able to unlock MSR from BIOS.

Are you reading at all what I was writing you above?

I already told you that with locked MSR you have to enable the core_scope Kernel patch, which is disabled by default in the config.plist of my EFI-Folder distribution!

To me it is quite clear already, why your system did not boot at all..

What about you?
Thanks, you're right. I'll try it with KernelToPatch disabled flag removed, I was missing that part.
The back of my mainboard looks like below and doesn't have a flashback reset button. On the specifications page it says 4 x USB 2.0 (one port can be switched to USB BIOS Flashback) but there's nothing regarding this in the manual. So while I patched 1301 I wasn't able to apply it via EZ Flash (obviously).

There appears to be no UEFI-type video card firmware available for the HD7870:
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?manufacturer=Asus&model=HD+7870
Therefore, upgrading to a newer UEFI firmware video card might be worth considering.
Thanks for the pointers, I saw the HD7870 on the list of supported devices, I might consider getting proper hackintosh hardware if it doesn't work with the mainboard and core_scope patch.

Attachments

• tuf2 x299 rear.png
    tuf2 x299 rear.png
    120.5 KB · Views: 89
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back