Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, I wasn't talking directly to you, I was simply told someone here had this issue and had solution with some kexts or configuration. I'd like to know what to try in order to get rid of that mouse lag.

Why don’t you simply try the AGPM kext of @apfelnico?

Ohh I see, I guess you don’t use SMBIOS iMacPro1,1. But if you just change the board ID in the kext, it should also work with your SMBIOS, isn’t it?

Why don’t you simply try the AGPM kext of @apfelnico?

Ohh I see, I guess you don’t use SMBIOS iMacPro1,1. But if you just change the board ID in the kext, it should also work with your SMBIOS, isn’t it?
Thing is, I have no idea where to get that kext from, and how to change the board ID in it. How do I know what my SMBIOS is?

Thing is, I have no idea where to get that kext from, and how to change the board ID in it. How do I know what my SMBIOS is?

Just pass through yesterdays posts along this thread. There you will also find the kext.

You really don’t know the SMBIOS you are on? As soon you know your SMBIOS, search for the related BoardID. Yhe AGPM kext of @apfelnico contains the BoardID used with SMBIOS iMacPro1,1.

Change it for your purpose.

Hope that helps.

Good luck,

KGP

Yes, this looks reasonable now. Well done! Although I did not check each individual hex value. I am quite sure you did right. Like this you should have all populated PRs from 0-19. All unpopulated PRs from 20-55.

Yes, that's how it is. Thanks for your help.

Reactions: kgp
Just pass through yesterdays posts along this thread. There you will also find the kext.

You really don’t know the SMBIOS you are on? As soon you know your SMBIOS, search for the related BoardID. Yhe AGPM kext of @apfelnico contains the BoardID used with SMBIOS iMacPro1,1.

Change it for your purpose.

Hope that helps.

Good luck,

KGP
In CloverConfigurator in the SMBIOS section my ProductName is iMac18,3 and the Board-ID is Mac-BE087AF2C5EB4FA8. So It seems I do have the details I need to change. But how do I create kext with that data?

Also, what's the difference of dAGMP.kext and AGPMEnabler.kext? Should I use both or one of them?

Also, what's the difference of dAGMP.kext and AGPMEnabler.kext? Should I use both or one of them?

You should solely use AGPMEnabler.kext. You might also have to look in IOREG what is your GPU variable. It might not be GFX0 like in case of SMBIOS iMacPro1,1. Thus, one more thing you might have to adopt in the kext.

You should solely use AGPMEnabler.kext. You might also have to look in IOREG what is your GPU variable. It might not be GFX0 like in case of SMBIOS iMacPro1,1. Thus, one more thing you might have to adopt in the kext.
I have PEG0 > IOPP > GFX0 > and then a lot of AMD related stuff. I assume it means it is GFX0? If so, I've edited the kext already and added my board id, but it doesn't seem to do any difference after the reboot. Have I missed any more steps? How do I know the kext actually worked?

I have PEG0 > IOPP > GFX0 > and then a lot of AMD related stuff. I assume it means it is GFX0? If so, I've edited the kext already and added my board id, but it doesn't seem to do any difference after the reboot. Have I missed any more steps? How do I know the kext actually worked?

See the recent posts how to check in IOREG if AGPM is enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back