Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the crucial idea. But have the original "AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext" changed. I want to do it through my own AGPM-Enabler.kext. One moment …

Had the crucial idea. But have the original "AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext" changed. I want to do it through my own AGPM-Enabler.kext. One moment …

Gorgeous :):thumbup: damn.. 2:40 am :crazy::lol:

"AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext" is unchanged, plus the "AGPMEnabler.kext" in Clover.
Inspired by the iMacPro and Toleda, actually no big deal.
No "device-id", no "vendor-id", just graphics card is "GFX0" in "Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94" (iMac Pro).

Attachments

• AGPMEnabler.kext.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 128
Reactions: kgp
According to toleda Heuristic needs to be 4 for Nvidia.

If I boot with NvidiaFixup kext, I get a black screen upon boot. If I boot without the kext I don't get a black screen at boot, however if the displays sleep or are turned off I will get a black screen. Prior to 10.13.5 this was not an issue.

I had same issue. Download the latest Lilu And NvidiaGraphicsFixup, build Lilu in Xcode then place the debug version of the kext it builds into the same folder as the NvidiaGraphicsFixup Xcode project and build NvidiaGraphicsFixup. Put both kexts in your EFI and you should be good.

o.k. I guess I just did it myself:

View attachment 335753

Although I don't know how to verify control-id, heuristic ID, max-power-state and min-power-state. Looks like you can put there whatever you want... :) even typos or whatever will appear as implemented ...

@flmmkr, can you live with that?

2:23 am... off to bed.. o_O

Not really sure I understand. I can get the vendor and device id, but like you said, how do we know what to use for control-id, heuristic id, max power state and min power state? I would expect getting those accurate is important for proper performance.

"AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext" is unchanged, plus the "AGPMEnabler.kext" in Clover.
Inspired by the iMacPro and Toleda, actually no big deal.
No "device-id", no "vendor-id", just graphics card is "GFX0" in "Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94" (iMac Pro).

You have 2x Vega 64. Will this AGPMEnabler.kext work for 1x Nvidia 1080TI?

EDIT: Looking at the Info.plist in your kext, I see you've set heuristic ID to "-1". In Toleda's guide I see it always being set to "ff ff ff ff" for AMD and "4" for Nvidia. Why do you have it set to -1? Why is the "ff ff ff ff" such a different value from you "-1"? Does the value 4 for Nvidia need to be converted before entering in the Info.plist?

Last edited:
@jyavenard I may have found the issue with stuttering BT audio and this might help you too.

I have an iPhone X that's usually connected to 5Ghz Wifi and BT is enabled (BT is on 2.4Ghz band) and I have a wireless charger on my desk. If I turn on Airplane mode and disable Wifi (basically all phone radios are off) the BT audio connection doesn't stutter much anymore on the desktop.

Things that interfere with Bluetooth audio: USB 3.0 cables/hard drives & cell phones (especially ones that use Bluetooth on 2.4Ghz band).

So it's definitely an insulation issue. I don't want to put the phone away at another place since I use it a lot even with Handoff features on the Mac/Hackintosh, the PCIe module most likely just needs insulation to block away interference in the 2.4Ghz band.

I had the same issue with the NGFF module but I always figured it's related to that module specifically so I put back in the OSXWifi PCIe card and thought the problem would go away with "extended" antennas. (yes the BT range is longer with these antennas but stuttering is still here).

I might just get super angry and go back to wired headphones :banghead:, but once you go wireless, the sheer convenience is so great. I can walk away from my desk with my headphones on and not worry about wires. Trade-off really and considered to be "first world problems." :lol:

I wonder if aluminium foil can help with the interference, but imagine how ugly that would be :thumbdown

weirdalfoil_2322.jpg

Last edited:
Not really sure I understand. I can get the vendor and device id, but like you said, how do we know what to use for control-id, heuristic id, max power state and min power state? I would expect getting those accurate is important for proper performance.

@flmmkr , @x-9er ,

just use the kext of @apfelnico as implemented! It works OoB also with Nvidia!

Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 08.12.00.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 08.32.42.png

Last edited:
Enabling AGPM for my Nvidia Graphics Card also completely removed a terrible lag of my Apple Bluetooth Wireless Magic Mouse, which I was permanently confronted with on X299.

@izo1, what about your BT audio stuttering? ;)... Does it also vanish with the AGPM kext of @apfelnico?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back