Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi !
It might be obvious but being my first time hacking, programming, 'terminaling' etc.

I eventually understood why I could not perform E.11.4:
to compile the UEFITool it is:

cd UEFITool (with no '/' and no 's')
qmake uefitool.pro
make
but... I'm facing another issue : where do I find my 'patched or unpatched BIOS Firmware distribution' (E.11.6.a) ?

thks in advance for helping!

hi !
It might be obvious but being my first time hacking, programming, 'terminaling' etc.

I eventually understood why I could not perform E.11.4:
to compile the UEFITool it is:

cd UEFITool (with no '/' and no 's')
qmake uefitool.pro
make
but... I'm facing another issue : where do I find my 'patched or unpatched BIOS Firmware distribution' (E.11.6.a) ?

thks in advance for helping!

I believe this is obsolete if you update to the latest official BIOS; the ability to unlock MSR Ex02 is an option now.

I believe this is obsolete if you update to the latest official BIOS; the ability to unlock MSR Ex02 is an option now.

He tries to compile UEFITool and not UEFIPatch. The primer e.g. is required to modify the BIOS splash screen image. Of course he also could just take my modified BIOS firmware implemented in the guide..

Hi many thanks @kgp...

I figured out how to use the xcodebuild command in E.12 section of @kgp's guide

I had this error message:
DESKTOP-TJ0768L:NativeDisplayBrightness happy$ xcodebuild
xcode-select: error: tool 'xcodebuild' requires Xcode, but active developer directory '/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools' is a command line tools instance
Here is how I fixed it:
1/ install the Xcode.app downloaded from the AppStore
2/ open it to agree the licence, then go back to the Terminal
3/ write in the Terminal:
sudo xcode-select -s /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer
just giving some keys for very first time hackers like me ;-)

Reactions: kgp
He tries to compile UEFITool and not UEFIPatch. The primer e.g. is required to modify the BIOS splash screen image. Of course he also could just take my modified BIOS firmware implemented in the guide..

It might sound stupid, but... Following your guide I already patched the BIOS of my ASUS x299 Deluxe with BIOS firmware 1301

so to complete your E.11.6.a section I think I should find my own .cap file somewhere in my disks... but where?!!!

or are you saying I can just download your .cap file, open it and make the RAW image change?

It might sound stupid, but... Following your guide I already patched the BIOS of my ASUS x299 Deluxe with BIOS firmware 1301

so to complete your E.11.6.a section I think I should find my own .cap file somewhere in my disks... but where?!!!

or are you saying I can just download your .cap file, open it and make the RAW image change?

My modified 1301 Bios firmware does already contain the iMacPro splash screen image. It is not patched, as the MSR lock now can be removed manually.

Hi @kgp,

I have 2 nvme ssd's so in the SSDT, I simply duplicated the RP09 entry to RP21. Looks like everything is fine, I have them set to RAID 0 and am successfully booting. I am having periodic freezes, maybe once a day, not during any heavy tasks, where I can cannot click or press anything but I can swipe between desktop spaces, but forcefully (it doesn't slide automatically).
Not sure if it has to do with the nvme drives, but it was still happening before I made the RAID 0.

Do you know if I need to differentiate anything in the RP21 entry or are they OK as is?

The reason I ask is that I noticed in console I'm getting this 'Apple NVMe Assert failed: 0' message pictured below.

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 4.13.43 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 4.12.10 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 4.12.04 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 4.11.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-25 at 4.19.43 PM.png

Hi @kgp,

I have 2 nvme ssd's so in the SSDT, I simply duplicated the RP09 entry to RP21. Looks like everything is fine, I have them set to RAID 0 and am successfully booting. I am having periodic freezes, maybe once a day, not during any heavy tasks, where I can cannot click or press anything but I can swipe between desktop spaces, but forcefully (it doesn't slide automatically).
Not sure if it has to do with the nvme drives, but it was still happening before I made the RAID 0.

Do you know if I need to differentiate anything in the RP21 entry or are they OK as is?

The reason I ask is that I noticed in console I'm getting this 'Apple NVMe Assert failed: 0' message pictured below.

Thank you!

View attachment 327870 View attachment 327871 View attachment 327872 View attachment 327873View attachment 327874

SSDT looks fine. No idea where your NVMe errors come from. Did you watch the NVMe temps?

SSDT looks fine. No idea where your NVMe errors come from. Did you watch the NVMe temps?
NVMe temps don’t show up in my hwmonitor app. Any recommendations on how to monitor them? Haven’t found anything on google yet, oddly.

Thank you again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back