Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update to macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (17E199)

iMacPro-10.13.4-17E199.png

Hardware.png

Changes, issues and limitations:

1.) New USB port Limit Patch

Code:
Name*          Find*[Hex]               Replace* [Hex]           Comment
AppleUSBXHCI   837d940f 0f839704 0000   837d941a 90909090 9090   10.13.4 USB Port Limit Patch by PMHeart

2.) No Nvidia Web Driver yet released. Use patched Web Driver xxx.106 or xxx.159 instead.

3.) Nvidia HDAU digital audio not working - no PCI driver installed despite an else correct HDAU SSDT PCI device implementation.

PCI.png

Enjoy and have fun :thumbup:

kgp.png

yes.. you apparently did something quite stupid indeed.. seems that you used unibeast for installing an iMac Pro, instead of following my guide. ;)

Sorry, No. You didn't read. I followed your guide AND I tried a separate unibeast install. The worst problems are when I follow the guide. I never get past this AptioMemoryFix or "Slide" issue. or what ever it is. I will try again USING THE GUIDE from scratch. I AM using a SATA M.2 SSD in a USB case for the installer created using the guide. Would that be a problem?

That TDP is per core. The package TDP is nearly 200 watts. This screenshot is not overclocked.
View attachment 321264
And even the NH 15 doesn't go that high...
View attachment 321267

Not that I'm trying to start a fight, but even my 7900x pulls 300 watts on a moderate overclock.

NH-D15 does 165W plus moderate overclock. Further down the chart on the AMD side it says 220W with no overclock.

Sorry, No. You didn't read. I followed your guide AND I tried a separate unibeast install. The worst problems are when I follow the guide. I never get past this AptioMemoryFix or "Slide" issue. or what ever it is. I will try again USING THE GUIDE from scratch. I AM using a SATA M.2 SSD in a USB case for the installer created using the guide. Would that be a problem?

Try compiling the latest AptioMemoryFix (it just needs Xcode to build) and remove any Slide arguments. Also note in the read me the suggested bios modifications (Like enabling "Above 4G Decoding")

https://github.com/vit9696/AptioFixPkg

Try compiling the latest AptioMemoryFix (it just needs Xcode to build) and remove any Slide arguments. Also note in the read me the suggested bios modifications (Like enabling "Above 4G Decoding")

https://github.com/vit9696/AptioFixPkg

Thank You,

I'll recompile the AptioMemoryFix. If I understand correctly, we're not supposed to need the BIOS edits on the X299 Designaire EX motherboard. In the meantime, I am going through the process again using a LEEP 32GB USB 3 stick instead of the SSD in a USB case. I will document each action.

Thank You,

I'll recompile the AptioMemoryFix. If I understand correctly, we're not supposed to need the BIOS edits on the X299 Designaire EX motherboard. In the meantime, I am going through the process again using a LEEP 32GB USB 3 stick instead of the SSD in a USB case. I will document each action.

If you need a designare efi folder let me know

Works perfectly fine here

Thank You,

AptioMemoryFix compile code in guide doesn't work:

Code:
    <New Terminal window under my account
        mkdir git
        cd git
        rm -rf AptioMemFix
        git clone https://github.com/Pavo-IM/AptioMemFix
            Cloning into 'AptioMemFix'...
            remote: Counting objects: 70, done.
            remote: Total 70 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 70
            Unpacking objects: 100% (70/70), done.
        rm -rf ~/Desktop/AptioMemFix/
        rm -rf ~/Desktop/AptioFix/ 
        mv AptioMemFix/ ~/Desktop/      
        chmod +x ~/Desktop/AptioMemFix/AptioMemory_Builder.sh  **** No such file error

There is a setup.sh which does not appear to do a build and expects root access which I will NOT allow. Surprise anyone else?

I'd love that if you don't mind!

Here you go.

Few notes:

1. Remove the Broadcom kexts if you don't have the wifi module I do.
2. Change the boot properties to the correct ones for your system (usually default works), mine is customized for my own system. If you use these your system probably won't boot so edit the config.plist before you start using it.
3. Edit X299USB.kext that matches your system chasis if needed. I am using the onboard USB3.0 ports (2x front USB header) on my chassis.
4. I'm not sure what GPU you're using on the Designare EX, but I'm using a Vega FE. If you use nVidia, remove WhateverGreen and Lilu and follow the nVidia GPU guide.

Attachments

• iZO1_EFI_Designare_EX.zip
    36 MB · Views: 128
Last edited:
AptioMemoryFix compile code in guide doesn't work:

Code:
    <New Terminal window under my account
        mkdir git
        cd git
        rm -rf AptioMemFix
        git clone https://github.com/Pavo-IM/AptioMemFix
            Cloning into 'AptioMemFix'...
            remote: Counting objects: 70, done.
            remote: Total 70 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 70
            Unpacking objects: 100% (70/70), done.
        rm -rf ~/Desktop/AptioMemFix/
        rm -rf ~/Desktop/AptioFix/
        mv AptioMemFix/ ~/Desktop/    
        chmod +x ~/Desktop/AptioMemFix/AptioMemory_Builder.sh  **** No such file error

There is a setup.sh which does not appear to do a build and expects root access which I will NOT allow. Surprise anyone else?

That’s why replied with link to the git repository. Download the zip, build in Xcode. Much easier than debugging the above script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back