Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have 7 fans blowing in (4x120mm, 1x80mm, 2x40mm). Only 1 fan blowing out. I put the CPU Fan opening up on purpose. Since it draws air in from the fan hole and pushes it out the back, I don't think it will be a problem.
Are you sure about that?
What PSU is that?
they typically blow air out.

Even a very light OC of 4GHz per clock, it will be close to 300W when all cores are in use.
With stock speed, when I compile my project, with the H115i, temps reach 70C easily. That's with all fans set at full speed.

I too don't play games and run multiple VMs.

I can't see running that processor on air.

In fact, I'm thinking of sending the i9 to a shop to delid it.

I doubt it will hit 4GHz without increasing core voltage. It won't throw out a lot of extra watts of heat if I don't increase the voltage. That's just physics, and also the advice of my Intel engineer buddy. It's already at 3GHz at idle, That is sufficient for me.

Are you sure about that?
What PSU is that?
they typically blow air out.

Corsair HX1000i -- Yes, just tested it. The fan pulls air in from the case side and blows it out through the grate on the back. I know of no PS that blows hot air into the case, that would be a bad design. The reason one normally faces the fan opening down is to get cool air from outside the case and eject the hot air outside the case too. This PS fan doesn't even run until it gets hot. The pressure within the case will push a little air through the PS even while the fan isn't running. If case temps get bad, I will flip it over after cutting out the restrictive louvers in the bottom and maybe buying taller feet.

Time to study the guide and get this pig running mac OS.

what happen? (boot into install usb)
asus r6e mobo with ver.1301 bios, msr disabled
upload_2018-3-28_15-22-58.png

then
upload_2018-3-28_15-23-16.png

Awesome thanks...

will test first thing tomorrow morning (getting late here)

Edit: I was too curious and did it anyway...

No improvement over what I had, most USB slots don't work. I had almost all the BIOS settings set the same as you (thanks again for having done that, must have taken you a while, BTW, what tool dis you use for doing those great screen capture?)

I see that you got audio going, something I had never bothered with.

The SSDT you're using isnt applicable for your box, the ASMedia USB controller aren't located at the same addresses. Tomorrow, I'll post the SSDT I wrote, it will work on your box too and should bring you USB as well as pretty PCI list. And thunderbolt is properly configured stop (so devices appear as thunderbolt rather than port0)

Did you ever get round to posting that SSDT you mentioned in this post?

Hi, I am trying to follow this guide :) since i have both the motherboard and the i9 processor specified in the guide.
I dont really know how to save my BIOS settings or load the.. any idea where i might find this settings in BIOS of asus x299 deluxe ?

Thanks

Does anyone else have relatively slow POST times? Does it have to do with nvme initialization?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back