Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @borysbass, @kgp, or anyone who has working Thunderbolt Hotswap.

I have my TB3 device showing up and appearing to be fine with @kgp's method - but hotplug still does not work.
My only TB device is a UAD Apollo 8 going through the startech TB3 -> TB2 adapter. Could that be my issue?

I was wondering what devices you or anyone is testing their hotplug with?

I have doubts that the SSDT you attached is giving you the results you get in the PCI screen.

There are errors in that one, I tried it and my PCI list becomes empty, I suspect a buffer size in one of those entries to be invalid,

I have doubts that the SSDT you attached is giving you the results you get in the PCI screen.

There are errors in that one, I tried it and my PCI list becomes empty, I suspect a buffer size in one of those entries to be invalid,
Focusrite Pro 40 on adapter tb3 to firewire. Wich ssdt you are using?

The only major edits to KGPs SSDT that I made is my nvme drive showed up in RP21 rather than RP09 and my RX560 instead of nVidia. Everything else pretty much unchanged.

How else would I be getting these results do you mean? And do you know how I can inspect/correct the buffer sizes?

The only major edits to KGPs SSDT that I made is my nvme drive showed up in RP21 rather than RP09 and my RX560 instead of nVidia. Everything else pretty much unchanged.

How else would I be getting these results do you mean? And do you know how I can inspect/correct the buffer sizes?

You changed the GFX0 entry. It does appear good to me, but when I use your SSDT as is on my box, the effects are the same as when I make an error in some of the string size.
So really my question is, is thst exactly the SSDT you're using, or did you modify it somehow before posting it.

Focusrite Pro 40 on adapter tb3 to firewire. Wich ssdt you are using?
Would it be possible to please take a look at your SSDT so I can A/B it with mine?

You changed the GFX0 entry. It does appear good to me, but when I use your SSDT as is on my box, the effects are the same as when I make an error in some of the string size.
So really my question is, is thst exactly the SSDT you're using, or did you modify it somehow before posting it.
This is exactly as I am using it. I did the step by step implementation as recommended by the guide.

Last edited:
i used ssdt.aml in attach post but i can't full speedstep :(

I see there is a new BIOS update 1301 for Asus X299 Prime Deluxe dated 2018/03/20 with
"Updated Intel CPU microcode.
Improved system stability."

Anyone tried it yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back