Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @DSM2, I have dumped the ACPI/origin folder as per F4 command and attached it to this post. I have also created a fresh version of ioreg, but I can only do it with Asus RX64 in PCIe slot one and PCIe slot 3 empty. With the Nvidia card installed in slot 3 concurrently I can't boot into 10.13.3 as expected. Also note I am no longer using lilu and whatever green as per post from @kgp, since the Vega 64 runs natively without these kexts.

You can’t run the Nvidia alone in slot 3 ??? The problem is i need the path of the Nvidia installed in Slot 3.

You can’t run the Nvidia alone in slot 3 ??? The problem is i need the path of the Nvidia installed in Slot 3.

OK, I did not understand you wanted it that way ;-) Yes, I will make the Nvidia installation and get a fresh ioreg for you with Nvidia installed. This is, what we need, right?

Made some more progress, but i seem to be running into a strange issue with the graphics card drivers. when the graphics card drivers are loaded it seems to freeze the system after entering the password into OSX. any suggestions? ive tries adding the NvidiaFixup and Lilu and nothing worked,then i removed those and uninstalled the drivers and got back into the OS. reinstalling them again causes the same issue.

Also, I'm able to Lock the system everytime logic tries to run the Plugin Validation tool, at random points early in the scan.. don't know whats going on!

OK, I did not understand you wanted it that way ;-) Yes, I will make the Nvidia installation and get a fresh ioreg for you with Nvidia installed. This is, what we need, right?
Exactly

Attachments

• origin NVidia.zip
    85.5 KB · Views: 68
  • yvess iMac Pro NVIDIA.ioreg
    24.4 MB · Views: 145
BTW: If any of you ever wanted to have a smooth and performant Nvidia Install and usage experience, I can recommend this method, once you have booted into 10.13.x with AMD 560/580 method or iGPU:

https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update

You just might want to have NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext installed, as this method is pointing to legacy versions of the Nvidia driver. Also make sure:

Boot --> nvda_drv=1 is checked
Graphics --> Inject Nvidia is checked
System Parameters --> NvidiaWeb is checked

This worked for me for a fresh install on 10.13.3 like a charm and the Nvidia responsiveness in the OS is spot on!

Enjoy!

It will be the same as what @kgp use for the TB card as that's where he fitted it.
Slot 4 is the one to use for two graphic cards.
So it will be
PC01.BR1A.SL01, though you want it to be on
PC01.BR1A.PEGP

For me this will not be the case - I am not using the TB3 card at all, but I am using an Asus Hyper x16 in PCIe_16_4.

So this is neglectable in my use case.

For me this will not be the case - I am not using the TB3 card at all, but I am using an Asus Hyper x16 in PCIe_16_4.

So this is neglectable in my use case.

You misunderstood me. The guide placed the TB3 in slot 4, you placed your Nvidia in there instead : so the path DSM2 is after will be the same as what @kgp put in the SSDT for the TB3 card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back