Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 283571

The beast is alive!

World's first fully functional and stable i9-7980XE Skylake-X/X299 Hackintosh System

View attachment 283544

View attachment 283550

View attachment 283545

View attachment 283546

View attachment 283547

@trs96, now we have what we all have been waiting for :thumbup:

View attachment 283548 :headbang::headbang::headbang:;):clap::wave::mrgreen:

Nice! What's the default all core turbo? (4.0 on i9-7900x for example)

I see you have a bit of frequency throttle? Not sure if it's p-state related or if it's throttle but If I overclock anything above 4.3GHz on my i9-7900x I have the same very small frequency 'throttles'. On 4.3GHz it's a perfect flat line on 100% load though.

Not sure if that makes sense.. :)

Nice! What's the default all core turbo? (4.0 on i9-7900x for example)

I see you have a bit of frequency throttle? Not sure if it's p-state related or if it's throttle but If I overclock anything above 4.3GHz on my i9-7900x I have the same very small frequency 'throttles'. On 4.3GHz it's a perfect flat line on 100% load though.

Not sure if that makes sense.. :)

4.4 Ghz... The beast gets extremely hot! 104 deg Celsius! :twisted:

I guess that's the reason for the frequency trottle at during max. load conditions....

Need urgently improved CPU cooling! The Corsair H115i is clearly not sufficient!

Any particular specific suggestions? I guess it must be EKWP, isn't it? But which particular components would be the choice for this processor?

Any feedback from experts in CPU cooling would be highly appreciated !!!

Thanks in advance!

4.4 Ghz... The beast gets extremely hot! 104 deg Celsius! :twisted:

I guess that's the reason for the frequency trottle at during max. load conditions....

Need urgently improved CPU cooling! The Corsair H115i is clearly not sufficient!

Any particular specific suggestions? I guess it must be EKWP, isn't it? But which particular components would be the choice for this processor?

Any feedback from experts in CPU cooling would be highly appreciated !!!

Thanks in advance!

I have this custom loop ekwb starter set on my i9-7900x. With 1.2v on the Core it reaches 75-82c across the cores in stress testing. Default stock settings is 55-60c across the cores in stress testing. CPU is not delidded.

Did you leave the multiplier on auto with the sync all core settings? It will boost all cores to the highest turbo and will also increase vcore automatically. Most of the time this is too much to statisfy even the worst binned cpus.

Thanks bro..
on the first boot
7820X.jpg

I have this custom loop ekwb starter set on my i9-7900x. With 1.2v on the Core it reaches 75-82c across the cores in stress testing. Default stock settings is 55-60c across the cores in stress testing. CPU is not delidded.

Did you leave the multiplier on auto with the sync all core settings? It will boost all cores to the highest turbo and will also increase vcore automatically. Most of the time this is too much to statisfy even the worst binned cpus.

What is your setting in BIOS of your OC Menno87?

Vcore, AVX Offset, AVX512 Offset, Min/Max CPU Cache Ratio, TPU...

My CPU is Delidded, from Silicon Lottery,
https://siliconlottery.com/collections/all/products/7900x47g

They confirm its stable at @4.7 with following setting,

• 1.237V Vcore
    • -3 AVX Offset
    • -5 AVX512 Offset
Btw, here is my build, :)

IMG_6482.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Important Note - Supplementary Update

Within Apple's Supplementary Update, also the apsf.efi has been modified. The actual apsf.efi is attached below. Primarily to performing the Supplementary Update, copy the apsf.efi to the /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ directories of your USB Flash Drive Installer and 10.13 System Disk

A modified EFI-Folder has also been attached at the end of the originating post/guide and is once more attached here below.

Only modification:
  • new apsf.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/
Cheers,

kgp.png

Attachments

• apfs.efi.zip
    258.8 KB · Views: 84
  • EFI-X299-10.13-SU-Release-061017.zip
    32.7 MB · Views: 142
Interesting, with my 7900X in 10.12.6 i was getting a stable geekbench score of around 43000, but since updating to 10.13 the score dropped down to between 29000 to 36000...(

Interesting, with my 7900X in 10.12.6 i was getting a stable geekbench score of around 43000, but since updating to 10.13 the score dropped down to between 29000 to 36000...(

Thats’s unexpected... Same Bios and xcpm turbo settings?

View attachment 283571

The beast is alive!

World's first fully functional and stable i9-7980XE Skylake-X/X299 Hackintosh System

@trs96, now we have what we all have been waiting for :thumbup:
View attachment 283548 :headbang::headbang:;):clap::wave::mrgreen:

I'm happy for you and that amazing beast :headbang::D I feel like i3 with my little 7900x :p
I wasn't available last whole week, but now I see a big progress here- which is a BIG pleasure :)
It's my time to back on my RIG and reinstall everything with your new advices and updated guide.

Have a nice day/or night :p,
(and like our master says...)
Cheers :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back