Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
But again please don't mix things and spread your Rampage VI system instabilities during standard system use to all boards, which is definitely not the case.

KGP, he's not spreading FUD on other boards. We are making observations. People have brains they can tell what we are doing here. I think @JimmyS's input is quite valuable, if we can trigger the same KP and discover that this issue is also impacting other boards we might be able to discover which device is causing the fault and possibly find a fix for it which will benefit everyone who has the same issue.

regardless of activity or load level

Thank you JimmyS! That's valuable input.

Did you ever keep the system up and running for more than 24h? I mean before using Pike's patch.

Thank you JimmyS! That's valuable input.

Did you ever keep the system up and running for more than 24h? I mean before using Pike's patch.

No, I don't think I did. I usually just shut down the computer for the night.
Although there was a night I simply forgot to do that but I don't think uptime was more than 24h because I was furiously trying different things to try to fix the wake issue.

One thing is sleep/wake which does not work currently with any boards. The other thing are your apparent Rampage VI KP issues during normal system use.

If you find a solution for the Sleep/Wake issue with Error E3 for all boards fine with me. But again please don't mix things and spread your Rampage VI system instabilities during standard system use to all boards, which is definitely not the case.

Hey man, didn't I say that @JimmyS has the same board as you and had the same issue? What's the problem man? lmfao. Geezus. Relax with the me spreading my R6E bullcrap when I'm obviously talking an all our boards crap. Chill pill man... chill pill. We all working together here. And good job so far, just work on your responses man. It comes off slightly uneasy.

Cheers

No, I don't think I did. I usually just shut down the computer for the night.
Although there was a night I simply forgot to do that but I don't think uptime was more than 24h because I was furiously trying different things to try to fix the wake issue.

So far from experience I've had freezeing/KP after 17h, 15h and 13h of uptime (no load, just a couple of apps running, sleep disabled). So it's a bit random. @AnaktuvGod had his after 2 days from what he said. It appears that restarting the computer just resets the counter.

If we can confirm that sleep/wake also triggers the exact same KP and it is resolved by pike's patch, then it could be that the issue has definitely something to do with it like you mention.

As for now I have 15h of uptime, I'm not using Pike's patch I just want to test some changes I've made in Clover. But hopefully it will trigger a freeze soon so I can test your scenario.

Also has anyone tried implementing some AirPort Express possibilities on our boards? (M.2 WiFi) by swapping out the existing wifi card in the Asus GO! module with a Broadcom one? I would like to know has anyone had success in this field as I'm looking into grabbing for the iX299 Pro. I notice different Broadcom wifi cards (BCM94352Z mainly) with some ending with AE. Could this be an indication of Airport Express capable?

View attachment 309302
View attachment 309303
View attachment 309304
Slightly different version from BCM94352Z (shown - BCM94350Z-AE). AirPort Extreme capable?

I was thinking about doing this on my Gigabyte Gaming 9 board which has onboard Wifi/BT. There's a Wifi/BT module above the heatpipe that you can take off with a few screws. (see attached)

It's a Qualcomm Atheros chip, so I'm wondering why we can't get it to work on macOS...

I'm using a OSX Wifi (Broadcom) PCIe card which works natively for now and ethernet.

Attachments

• IMG_9560.JPG
    IMG_9560.JPG
    494.9 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_9559.JPG
    IMG_9559.JPG
    627.9 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
One thing is sleep/wake which does not work currently with any boards. The other thing are your apparent Rampage VI KP issues during normal system use.

If you find a solution for the Sleep/Wake issue with Error E3 for all boards fine with me. But again please don't mix things and spread your Rampage VI system instabilities during standard system use to all boards, which is definitely not the case.

You're too busy trying to check people and put them in their place... This is a forum and a thread where all are welcome. We come from all walks around the world and guess what... some may be less or more knowledgeable than you. Great thread you created and let's keep it goin PROFESSIONALLY... didn't you say something of the nature a few posts back? Practice what you preach man that's all. Let's continue and I appreciate all that I've gained from you and the rest that help contribute in this thread but please with all due respect real talk... Calm da f down.

Now.. I like the nice tempered glass blue sticker on your build... I plan on getting a scratch & sniff one myself with an aloe vera scent lol. (j/k) :)

Last edited:
Even with M.2 you gotta run antennas out somehow. Probably using up a PCIe slot anyway.

I've been researching internal antennas that can be taped inside of the case like this one for a while and bought some but havent had the time to test them out.

So what's wrong using the existing antennas already inside the Asus GO! Module... I'm simply talking about swapping out the M.2 Wifi card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back