Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
KGP about this mac the CPU continues as unknown having made the steps of your guide with precision.

Do you have any advice to fix it?

maybe you missed my suggestion a few posts back in the middle of helping ccozmo.

try removing "unkown" under cputype in clover.

Model is not needed in fact (is also not part of the original iMacPro PlatformSupport.plist), that's why I skipped it also in my guideline. The iMacPro BoardID is totally sufficient.

well that obviously didnt work for him or pedrojskywalker. w.e they did or didnt follow the guide. i dont think our job should be to tell them to go back and do it all over again but to assist in correcting the flaw, or missed step.

Hello shael, yes ... I did what you said and neither, this is something simple and yet this time he wants to fight.

I do not know what else to try because with iMac 17.1, which was my first compilation with Skylake, I showed the information of the CPU to the first following the KGP guide.

Hello shael, yes ... I did what you said and neither, this is something simple and yet this time he wants to fight.

I do not know what else to try because with iMac 17.1, which was my first compilation with Skylake, I showed the information of the CPU to the first following the KGP guide.

you made the change with textwrangler/bbedit?

Hello shael, I made the change with textwrangler but ... what is bbedit?

Another different application to edit?

Hello shael, I made the change with textwrangler but ... what is bbedit?

the new verison of text wrangler.... hmmm i really have no idea how to help you without having the machine infront of me to see where you went wrong. try going over everything. its possible you could have messed up the formating at some point in the file. im not really sure.

like i said just look over ur work and make sure it is solid.... i would send you mine, but i fear itll give you more issues as its from a different os version.

Thank you very much shael, I will investigate ....

Hello all, I have read enough of your guide to get me started but I think I might be in a bit of an oddball situation.

I have the Mark 2 of x299 TUF and it does not have the EZ flashback button.
I've been having issues relating to Aptio with regards to this
OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for: .IABootFiles\boot.efi" "Using reloc block: yes, hibernate wake

which is the common theme, however I've tried almost everything.

@kgp, I can't flash the bios with the custom rom I made from your tutorial. I did everything the correct way including downloading the correct latest version of the BIOS for my mobo (ASUS TUF X299 MK 2)

I can't get into the installer at all. Ive been working at this an entire week and had no luck.

KGP about this mac the CPU continues as unknown having made the steps of your guide with precision.

Do you have any advice to fix it?

See section E.10) of my guide - System Overview CPU cosmetics..

Hi!! @kgp I restart all and now when I boot the usb install I have this error. Does anyone know what it could depend on?
I’m using the new EFI zip of kgp,
Thanks to all of you and kgp for the help and the guide.

E55D9039-3134-48F8-A9A7-F4C5301DF0F1.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back