Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if posting links to that other forum is allowed but I have solved the problem many are having with the 10.13 WebDriver with a bit of debugging and posted my findings over there.

Just in case linking ist verboten I will reproduce it verbatim here:

Ok. I think I have found the reason for my WindowServer failing to start after installing the 10.13 WebDriver. And it has nothing to do with AGDP.

Note that NVWebDriverLibVal patches the system call to _csfg_get_platform_binary to trick macOS into thinking Nvidia's kexts are platform binaries, and that the motivation for this was to fix transparency issues with a few apps such as LittleSnitch that required this.

It was never a showstopper to boot to desktop.

Well that seems to have changed with AppleMobileFileIntegrity fixes that were likely added to address a well publicised dylib hijacking exploit combined with the new bundle packaging for Nvidia's WebDriver. Basically it would seem from the log that if the mapping process for the dylib load is a platform binary, then the loaded library must also be a platform binary or the library won't be loaded. In my case this is stopping the Nvidia MTLDriverWeb from loading which causes the WindowServer to crash because it has no MTL device to draw to.

This means that while decorating _csfg_get_platform_binary using NVWebDriverLibVal or similar (NvidiaGraphicsFixup trunk does the same thing) was previously optional it seems to be a requirement on High Sierra with Nvidia's WebDriver. This might explain why the former kext made the difference for @fabiosun.

What I don't understand is how the WebDriver works for real Macs. Could it be related to the WebDriver package installation error message that people keep saying to ignore? Does the WebDriver installer behave differently with SIP defaulted so as to use separate kexts instead of bundles?

I don't know but I will test with a _csfg_get_platform_binary hijacking patch to see if that fixes my black screen and let you know.

Code:
2017-10-04 19:37:21.693895+0000 0x7cc6     Error       0x0                  0      kernel: (AppleMobileFileIntegrity) Library Validation failed: Rejecting '/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb' (Team ID: 6KR3T733EC, platform: no) for process 'WindowServer(1342)' (Team ID: none, platform: yes), reason: mapping process is a platform binary, but mapped file is not

2017-10-05 05:37:21.694216+1000 0x7cc6     Default     0x0                  1342   WindowServer: (CoreFoundation) Error loading /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb:  dlopen(/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb, 265): no suitable image found.  Did find:

2017-10-05 05:37:21.694610+1000 0x7cc6     Default     0x0                  1342   WindowServer: (CoreDisplay) [WARN] - No metal device for accelerator 0x357f

@dwhitla, could you please attach the already compiled version of NvidiaGraphicsFixup v1.2.1 and Lilu 1.2.0? I would like to attach these files and explain in the graphics section your reasoning you already detailed on InsanelyMac. By the way, where did you get NvidiaGraphicsFixup v1.2.1 from?

Many thanks in advance :thumbup:

KGP

@dwhitla, could you please attach the already compiled version of NvidiaGraphicsFixup v1.2.1 and Lilu 1.2.0? I would like to attach these files and explain in the graphics section your reasoning you already detailed on InsanelyMac. By the way, where did you get NvidiaGraphicsFixup v1.2.1 from?

Many thanks in advance :thumbup:

KGP
I can, but they haven't been released yet AFAIK. I am simply maintaining a Git clone of the NvidiaGraphicsFixup subversion repo here and thus have been reading the source. v1.2.1 isn't a release yet it is just the next one that will happen and there are commits on trunk after the v1.2.0 release tag which contain functionality equivalent to that of NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext. I can definitely build you a binary if you don't want to wait, but I will have to do it after some sleep - it is 2am here and I should hit the sack.

BIG DISCLAIMER: the code hosted in the Git repo linked above IS NOT MINE. It is the work of lvs1974. I am just mirroring it in Git because I can't stand Subversion.

I can, but they haven't been released yet AFAIK. I am simply maintaining a Git clone of the NvidiaGraphicsFixup subversion repo here and thus have been reading the source. v1.2.1 isn't a release yet it is just the next one that will happen and there are commits on trunk after the v1.2.0 release tag which contain functionality equivalent to that of NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext. I can definitely build you a binary if you don't want to wait, but I will have to do it after some sleep - it is 2am here and I should hit the sack.

Have a sound sleep! ;) We can wait until tomorrow! :thumbup:

View media item 189514
happens when i switch from OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi to OsxAptioFixDrv.efi,
with any keyboard key press the system reboot ...

this is my system specs,

i7-7820X
ASUS PRIME X299 DELUXE X299
DOMINATOR Platinum 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3466

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID GAMING
Samsung 960 PRO Series - 512GB PCIe NVMe - M.2
Samsung 960 EVO Series - 1TB PCIe NVMe - M.2

View media item 189514
happens when i switch from OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi to OsxAptioFixDrv.efi,
with any key the system reboot ...

this is my system specs,

i7-7820X
ASUS PRIME X299 DELUXE X299
DOMINATOR Platinum 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3466

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID GAMING, 11GB GDDR5X, iCX Technology - 9 Thermal Sensors Graphics Card 11G-P4-
Samsung 960 PRO Series - 512GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V6P512BW)
Samsung 960 EVO Series - 1TB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V6E1T0BW)

With any key the system reboot? What does that mean?

when i press any key on the keyboard, it just reboot itself ...

when i press any key on the keyboard, it just reboot itself ...

That’s wierd! Then simply stay with the old efi...

I did not face one single reboot so far!

error-install-png.276338

is it mandatory to remove the windows nvme drive to fix that issue?

Anyone knows how to fix the "Clover bootloader" doesn't automatically count down booting to your system drive? I now have to press Enter for the system process, otherwise its gonna just stay there, :D
Not sure what I did, :_)

IMG_6472.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back