Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the thorough guide!

Unfortunately I'm stuck trying to boot the install USB,

I get an error message saying com.Apple.WindowServer exited with abnormal code 1.

From previous posts I've gathered that it has something to do with the NvidiaGraphicsFixUp kext, but I can't figure out what I've done wrong. I've downloaded v1.2.2 of it, as well as Lilu 1.2.1 and AppleALC 1.2.2. There is something in the guide about compiling the kexts, but I have no idea what that means...

Any help would be appreciated :)

patch the bios and it gives me this result different
MSR 0xCE 00070C2C_F3012400
this right?

pc is working but I do not know if this change is due to the motherboard or if it is incorrect

@shael : Ozmosis is not possible!
Even if they would find a way for it, I would still use Clover because it’s much better for editing/updating files.

ah, that makes sense!

@shael.. with our new system configuration, any macOS update can now be nearly performed like on y real Mac, i.e. directly from the macOS System Disk via the Appstore, even without Ozmosis. Only the "Install macOS.. " and "MacOS.." partitions have to be manually selected in the Clover Boot Menu during the macOS update procedure.

yeah i know, but how cool would it be to just pop in a vanilla usb key installer?

I'm going to do a clean installation but this happens
Captura de pantalla 2018-01-20 a las 2.38.09.png

And in the folder if there are files that the terminal says not to find
Captura de pantalla 2018-01-20 a las 2.38.39.png

Can someone help me with this problem?

I have created the pkg installer that occupies 5.2 GB however the downloaded files occupy 5.69, I imagine it is because of the compression but when trying to create the "Install MacOS High Sierra.app" I get the following message in the terminal
Captura de pantalla 2018-01-21 a las 15.08.38.png

I have replaced YOUR_SYSTEM_DISK logically by the name of the disk where the operating system is installed, which in my case is "High Sierra"

Can anybody help me?

I have created the pkg installer that occupies 5.2 GB however the downloaded files occupy 5.69, I imagine it is because of the compression but when trying to create the "Install MacOS High Sierra.app" I get the following message in the terminal
View attachment 307520

I have replaced YOUR_SYSTEM_DISK logically by the name of the disk where the operating system is installed, which in my case is "High Sierra"

Can anybody help me?
Try to edit posts sometimes at the place of new ones :)

and you simply have to write with "High Sierra" because without "" you will have only Sierra :p
something like /Volumes/"Install High Sierra or something"/
voila :)

Thank you very much mgregrs, I have achieved it with the ""

Do you know if it is mandatory to disconnect the windows disk for installation?

Thank you very much mgregrs, I have achieved it with the ""

Do you know if it is mandatory to disconnect the windows disk for installation?

I disconnected my Windows disk before, today it is not mandatory, it was never mandatory, but it was always for your security or simply to avoid some mistake when you choose install disk.
So you can do it if you have something important on it, to be sure , that he will be untouched with your new installation :)

The resulting file of Install macOS High Sierra occupies 5.21
It is right?

The createInstaller.sh.zip is no longer necessary to use it after doing all the previous steps, right?
Something like that (about size) :)

And yes, you don’t need createinstaller.sh if you already prepared it manually :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back