Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello KGP, after proceeding to update the Bios with the patched when I turn on the PC it was the little red light and on the screen I put check memory.

I had to press the CMOS button and it has started normally, I have loaded the bios stored in the pendrive and that's it but the question is ... When I pressed the CMOS button I lost the patched update?

A greeting.

I'm not KGP but...
when you press red ClearCMOS button you will back to defaults configuration
but it will be always the same BIOS, so... No, you can't lost your patched bios (if you don't have magic BIOS :p) :) :p

Reactions: kgp
Hello mgregrs and thank you very much for your answer, the fact is that checking with voltageshift does not show the expected results, I will check again and I show it here ....

Captura de pantalla 2018-01-18 a las 0.17.48.png

I have to clarify that my system definition is still iMac 17.1 and updated to 10.3.2 only.

Is that why the patched Bios does not work?

I have to clarify that my system definition is still iMac 17.1 and updated to 10.3.2 only.

Is that why the patched Bios does not work?

The BIOS patch is fully independent from any OSX configuration.

As far I understand also 0x402 means open MSR register, if one follows Pike Alpha'a instructions. @interferenc?

Pedro, did you apply the 3 patches of @interferenc or just the single patch of @fabiosun?

If the latter is the case, we have the explanation for your deviating voltageshift results.. However, in my opinion everything looks fine and your MSR register seems to be open.

Just try to boot without the "xcpm_core_scope_msrs" KernelToPatch entry disabled.. If your system successfully boots your MSR register is unlocked.

Last edited:
So you have almost the same thing like me before... what I had with first USB drive ... witch didn't want to work correctly :p
BIOS wasn't patched... so I found 2nd random USB formatted in different partition table but also fat if I remember well
and then it was OK :)

I'm not sure if it's so important if you have 17,1 or 1,1 for BIOS patch
(I'm not 100% sure, because I wanted to finally change everything on 1,1 yesterday
--- I'm sure someone will confirm if it's important... in few minutes/hours)

What I can recommend at this moment, try to patch a our new BIOS 1102 which I patched 30 min ago
... and like that, you will be sure if you have a new version (patched) or not :)

BTW: I use it now and I'm little surprised and very happy with that little better performance :D

Attachments

• X299D.CAP.zip
    8.9 MB · Views: 86
So you have the same thing what I had with first USB drive ... witch didn't want to work correctly :p
BIOS wasn't patched... so I found 2nd random USB formatted in different partition table but also fat if I remember well
and then it was OK :)

I'm not sure if it's so important if you have 17,1 or 1,1 for BIOS patch
(I'm not 100% sure, because I wanted to finally change everything on 1,1 yesterday
--- I'm sure someone will confirm if it's important... in few minutes/hours)

What I can recommend at this moment, try to patch a our new BIOS 1102 which I patched 30 min ago
... and like that, you will be sure if you have a new version (patched) or not :)

BTW: I use it now and I'm little surprised and very happy with that little better performance :D

See post #3864 ...

Good night and good luck, guys.. Tomorrow I well be the whole day off. Back on Friday ;)

I just read on the Asus page that the new Bios 11.0.2 updates the microcode of the CPU with which .... Are the problems that we had until now resolved specifically with Logic which led to the Bios patched?

I do not know whether to update or not ...

See post #3864 ...

Good night and good luck, guys.. Tomorrow I well be the whole day off. Back on Friday ;)

Have a good night and great (totally free, relax, jacuzzi, massages etc... etc) day :) :p see you on Friday :thumbup:

I just read on the Asus page that the new Bios 11.0.2 updates the microcode of the CPU with which .... Are the problems that we had until now resolved specifically with Logic which led to the Bios patched?

I do not know whether to update or not ...

I can't say too much about your Logic problems, because you work with much bigger projects than me,
but you can always try...
and if it will be the same thing or worst you can downgrade/back to last BIOS every time ;) :)
(it's the same BIOS flash way in every possible option) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back