Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I put my system to sleep and try wake it up, it results in an instant reboot.
I still have a reboot after waking up from sleep even with the 'AptioMemoryFix.efi'

Whenever I put my system to sleep and try wake it up, it results in an instant reboot.
I still have a reboot after waking up from sleep even with the 'AptioMemoryFix.efi'

In my case sleep/wake works without issues so far..

@kgp i remember a complex pci power management configuration part of the guide that is missing now. I guess you deemed it obsolete. Does that mean you also reverted those settings back to the defaults on your system?

I am not able to follow your reasoning and question. Please explain in more detail..

I have to sleep now anyway a couple of hours.. did not sleep all night long.

Okay, so I still have the E3 issue on wake even with this latest AptioFix.

So I think there must be a difference between our systems. I think the special build you are running is less likely to affect sleep, but maybe I am wrong.

I would guess this wake error is more related a bios setting that you might set differently. I wondering what that might be.

I also remember when you thought had an answer for your sleep problems with thunderbolt and proposed some bios settings (native pci power management, maybe). This is no longer in the guide. So did you reverted these settings back on your system?

Anyway, are you just using the bios settings you state in the guide? no other modifications? If so, the difference must be something else.
I agree, I am already running the special "17C2205" build.
@kgp could you upload the .txt and .CMO file of all your bios settings? I want to figure out what is breaking sleep

I agree, I am already running the special "17C2205" build.
@kgp could you upload the .txt and .CMO file of all your bios settings? I want to figure out what is breaking sleep
I have done some testing and after using the unmodified Asus 1004 bios with the MSR patch the system is able to sleep and resume like normal. However once I flash the modified bios by @kgp and disable the MSR patch, the system reboots immediately after waking up from sleep.

Both settings are exactly like specified by KGP and saved as a .CMO file for consistency.

Also I have noticed that if I enable the MSR patch with the patched bios sleep and resume work..
This suggests that there must be some kind of an issue with the MSR patched bios...

I will now try and compile the patched bios myself instead of using the one uploaded by KGP

Last edited:
Successfully updated to 17C2205.

Why when i connect a external hdd drive it shows like is internal ? it must be yellow. :(

What is interesting is that the frequency vectors of all desktop macs lack hwp. Even the imacpro vectors in the special build. Meaning that we should be able to run with speed shift disabled. Interesting. It would be great to have an appleintelinfo output from a real imacpro.
That is indeed an interesting statement.
Can I run appleintelinfo.kext without having an administrator password? If so I can go to an Apple store tomorrow and do that :)

I have done some testing and after using the unmodified Asus 1004 bios with the MSR patch the system is able to sleep and resume like normal. However once I flash the modified bios by @kgp and disable the MSR patch, the system reboots immediately after waking up from sleep.

Both settings are exactly like specified by KGP and saved as a .CMO file for consistency.

Also I have noticed that if I enable the MSR patch with the patched bios sleep and resume work..
This suggests that there must be some kind of an issue with the MSR patched bios...

I will now try and compile the patched bios myself instead of using the one uploaded by KGP
I have tried patching the 1004 bios using two different 'patches.txt' files. I have attached both files below.

After flashing both patched bioses they both allow me to boot without using the MSR clover patch.
However the computer will restart when I try to wakeup from sleep..

All bios settings were kept constant.

The only way for me to get reliable sleep is to keep the original 1004 bios and use the clover MSR patch

Attachments

• patches.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 199
  • patches 2.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 134
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back