Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ow many PCI lanes does have each of these cards? Can you describe your entire PCIe population? In which slots are the GPU(s)? In which slots are the other 3 cards? Which slots are already populated by what?

Did you have a look at the user manual as recommended?

Did you see that with a 44 lane CPU, PCIEX16_4 only supports 8 lanes in case that PCIEX16_1 and PCIEX16_3 are already populated by 2x 16 lane PCIe adapters?

Also note that PCIEX16_2 only supports at most and is only compatible with 1x and 4x lane PCIe adapters!

PCIEX16_1 PCIe 16x VGA Card

on the other i have nothing at the moment for testing slots seperatli, the cards are pcie 1x i think thats not the problem, i have try a cheap firewire card and the same problem on PCIE x16_2, PCIE x16_4 the card show not in macos

yes i read the manual :)

Had exactly the same problem with my thunderbolt Satellite cards.

Report it to Uad, there is no fix for this, the kernel panic is coming from the Uad Kext.
I have read about your problem, but on the 2 pcie slot where the UAD card trigger the kernel panic also the RME RayDAT and a firewire card does not work.

the UAD 2 card work perfect on the other 2 slots

I have already tried all onboard devices off and without M.2. Cards, without success... very very strange

PCIEX16_1 PCIe 16x VGA Card

on the other i have nothing at the moment for testing slots seperatli, the cards are pcie 1x i think thats not the problem, i have try a cheap firewire card and the same problem on PCIE x16_2, PCIE x16_4 the card show not in macos

yes i read the manual :)

I guess he already successfully answered your question ;)

My OSXWIFI works just flawless in PCIEX16_2 and the TBEX 3 also works successfully in PCIEX16_3 or PCIEX16_4.

It is definitely not an ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe issue or a problem due to a system misconfiguration, but rather apparently an issue with each of your three PCIe adapters.

He faced similar issues with some TB studio audio hardware and the TBEX 3... While the TB studio audio hardware was recognised with the TBEX 3 in PCIEX16_3, the TB studio audio hardware could not be recognised with the TBEX 3 in PCIEX16_4, although the TBEX 3 also properly works in PCIEX16_4, when connecting e.g. a TB HDD. The guilty one was the Satellite audio studio hardware kext.

Last edited:
hi,kgp,may I change the PCI slot number,when I install over the Mac os ,the Radeon Pro 580 pci slot is 6,and the audio is pci slot 6 too,how can I change it? I am a newcomer to hackintosh,this is my first hackintosh,please tell me how can I do,thank you so much~!!:headbang::headbang:

I cannot help you in this endeavour. You have to do it yourself. Skip the SSDT-X299.aml for now and just try to correctly implement the DSDT Replacement patches with the help of IOREG. My related explanation and guideline is quite detailed.

Maybe this is already sufficient to reach sleep/wake functionality on your system.

Good luck my friend,

KGP :thumbup:

Interesting idea, I think you might be right.. I use evga super nova 850g2, 850W on that build.. What you have in mind for another PS? The 7900x I have 1000W Corsair, and run perfect,

Im using Corsair AX860. But before buying new PSU, you should try any other PSU with enough wattage, just to see, if that is the actual problem.
As kgp mentioned, it could be something else.

Im using Corsair AX860. But before buying new PSU, you should try any other PSU with enough wattage, just to see, if that is the actual problem.
As kgp mentioned, it could be something else.

@RuleBreaker01 , can't you just give it a try with your PSU from your i9-7900X rig for test purposes?

:headbang::headbang::headbang: ...no further comments might be necessary... we are just awesome :clap:;):lol:

:headbang::headbang::headbang: We bring Apple's OSX to the edge and unfold the real potential of Skylake-X/X299 :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Poor Apple community.. ;) Huge price for even worse performance ;)

so true....:clap:

Reactions: kgp
Thanks to KGP and Paulotex for their advice, I proceeded to leave only the disk where I wanted to install Windows and solved problem, so many things that I tried and in the end it was what I could least imagine.

I remember previous versions of Windows do not have that problem hence I did not think about it, have several discs running and choose which one I want to install and that's it but curiously Windows 10 gets dizzy when there are several discs :lol:

I cannot help you in this endeavour. You have to do it yourself. Skip the SSDT-X299.aml for now and just try to correctly implement the DSDT Replacement patches with the help of IOREG. My related explanation and guideline is quite detailed.

Maybe this is already sufficient to reach sleep/wake functionality on your system.

Good luck my friend,

KGP :thumbup:
thank you,KGP,I will try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back