Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the only thing we need if I remember correctly is to show the fans.

I think the only thing we need if I remember correctly is to show the fans.
Yeah would be nice, I'm happy to make some progress, and sure we'll get it all in the end :)

Currently working with him to try and get the motherboard sensors to show up - that'd be awsome

@interference,

could you have a look to post #8 and #9?

An idea what still could go wrong with the compilation?

All this mess and excess of work because you feel uncomfortable to upload your compiled X299 HWSensor/HWMonitor repository :rolleyes:

Deleted

Last edited:
ok thanks for answering my q .. I was using a moderator on the other site.. stuff and sharing ... if u think u know best - good luck to you

???

Deleted

Last edited:
You never even tried the files I sent - which has already worked for another forumer...

My file came from a mod with sick skills ... u place your pony on someone that says "I don't know what I am doing"

Good luck cowboy

You guess you simply misunderstood....

My intention is to get HWMonitor working as I am using it for years! I am happy that you found an alternative approach..

No doubts that the 3 kexts of Slice and HWMonitorSMC works fine and are the result of great and extensive work... I am following your endeavour with big interest.

What is wrong on that? What are you accusing me for my friend? Let's investigate all possible approaches. I will finally implement the best and most complete approach in my guide. That's my plan at least.

Enough of clarification?

You never even tried the files I sent - which has already worked for another forumer...

My file came from a mod with sick skills ... u place your pony on someone that says "I don't know what I am doing"

Good luck cowboy

To once more ensure you my interest, I just implemented the approach you suggested:

Results:
  • Temps for just 10 cores out of 18 cores
  • Frequencies for just 16 out of 18 cores
  • Basically no information to my Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti WB Extreme Edition
  • No information to my NVMe M.2 Drive, just SSD Temp Information without live cycle estimates..
  • No fan information or ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe Sensor information
  • Battery life cycle for mouse does not work either..
Conclusion: The HWMonitorSMC.app approach currently just provides some basic but yet incomplete information for CPU Temps, Frequencies Multiplier, and Voltage and needs to be improved and revised...

Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 20.58.43.png

The three kexts are largely incompatible with the HWMonitor.app

Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 21.06.31.png

At least the system successfully boots, that' s already some advantage when compared with the HWMonitor/Sensor approach ;).

I really would have preferred not to currently comment on your suggested approach and to avoid some indeed unavoidable critics... However, you forced me to comment on that.. your decision...

Hopefully, you will now understand why I am still investigating in parallel the other approach.

More content now? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Deleted

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back