Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@joevt ;

after performing the Windows 10 October update (1803), finally success with the LG 5K2K connected via one of the two TB3 ports of the GC-Alpine Ridge. With LG 5K2K DisplayPort setting "DP1.2", I now obtain full 5120x2160 @60Hz resolution via the TB3 of the GC-Alpine Ridge under Windows 10.

Next step, Mojave..

Apparently it doesn’t
I guess I need to look for a review using a MacBook or Windows with RTX to be sure.
You did try connecting USB-A to USB-B cable? Did you see the USB controls of the display move to the XHC of your PCH?

@joevt ;
after performing the Windows 10 October update (1803), finally success with the LG 5K2K connected via one of the two TB3 ports of the GC-Alpine Ridge. With LG 5K2K DisplayPort setting "DP1.2", I now obtain full 5120x2160 @60Hz resolution via the TB3 of the GC-Alpine Ridge under Windows 10.

Good news. Strange that it required an update. Also strange that Dual Link SST can't work with the DisplayPort setting set to DP 1.4. I guess it might make sense - if the OS and the graphics card see a DP1.4 port or two DP 1.4 ports, then they might try to send a single DP1.4 signal for 5K2K, but Alpine Ridge can't send that. We need a DPCD dumper to know what the OS is seeing - couldn't Alpine Ridge be smart enough to say that only DP 1.2 is supported? Maybe not. One idea for a DPCD dumper is to add patches to WhateverGreen.kext for the DPCD reading code to keep track of results in the IORegistry.

So with the Alpine Ridge
solution for 5K2060Hz, you should see 700+MHz pixel clock, and disconnecting either of the DisplayPort cables from the Vega will interrupt the display.

I created a Mojave USB installer; I get to the installer screen, but am having keyboard issues --- as I try to enter the disk name in DiskUtility, the keystrokes lag really bad. e.g. I type a "F", and a few seconds later two Fs are displayed.
Any ideas what the problem might be?

I created a Mojave USB installer; I get to the installer screen, but am having keyboard issues --- as I try to enter the disk name in DiskUtility, the keystrokes lag really bad. e.g. I type a "F", and a few seconds later two Fs are displayed.
Any ideas what the problem might be?

Do you have both LAN kexts in your EFI-Folder?

If I want to dual boot High Sierra and Mojave on two separate disks, do I need to edit the EFI of them? Thanks

If you use a truncated 15-port XHC USB kext and you do not need a USB port limit patch, which is macOS specific, you can use the same EFI-Folder, always supposed that it implements the latest EFI-Folder and Clover distributions.

Use whatevergreen and one of the Vega GPUs of the respective X299 repository. But first at all, read corresponding sections of my guide.

What is this X299 repository may I ask?

I intend to re-install H.Sierra again but not successful. Here's what I tried after I redownloaded your EFI from page 1 and also using a new USB stick for clean installer creation:

1) Updated BIOS 1602 for TUF1 board. This ver. totally not hackintosh friendly. The boot hits only the ethernet loading part and hang. Tried many different permutations with boot USB stick and still the same.

2) Reverted BIOS to 1503. This version goes as far as DSMOS and then the same symptoms as my earlier post, total blank.

3) I've tried many permutations of using whatevergreen and vegagraphicsfixup kexts. I've also tried the settings with Vega 64 inject and other stuffs. Also tried CSM launcher Disabled and Enabled in BIOS. Same thing happens, the boot will only go as far as DSMOS.

4) Reverted BIOS back to 1401, that was the successful one with my GTX970 previously. And tried everything from point 3 above. Still fail to get past DSMOS.

The new USB stick has your new default EFI and I only added Unsolid & TSCAdjust kexts into the "Other" folder. I've also tried just using the clean default EFI. Nothing works. I've read through your post all over again and followed the steps accordingly. I'm not using any TB3 cards, not sure if that matters.

What am I doing wrong? Thank you very much KGP for your help. :)

What is this X299 repository may I ask?

I intend to re-install H.Sierra again but not successful. Here's what I tried after I redownloaded your EFI from page 1 and also using a new USB stick for clean installer creation:

1) Updated BIOS 1602 for TUF1 board. This ver. totally not hackintosh friendly. The boot hits only the ethernet loading part and hang. Tried many different permutations with boot USB stick and still the same.

2) Reverted BIOS to 1503. This version goes as far as DSMOS and then the same symptoms as my earlier post, total blank.

3) I've tried many permutations of using whatevergreen and vegagraphicsfixup kexts. I've also tried the settings with Vega 64 inject and other stuffs. Also tried CSM launcher Disabled and Enabled in BIOS. Same thing happens, the boot will only go as far as DSMOS.

4) Reverted BIOS back to 1401, that was the successful one with my GTX970 previously. And tried everything from point 3 above. Still fail to get past DSMOS.

The new USB stick has your new default EFI and I only added Unsolid & TSCAdjust kexts into the "Other" folder. I've also tried just using the clean default EFI. Nothing works. I've read through your post all over again and followed the steps accordingly. I'm not using any TB3 cards, not sure if that matters.

What am I doing wrong? Thank you very much KGP for your help. :)

X299 EFI-Folder repository: https://github.com/KGP/X299-EFI-Folder-Distributions

X299 SSDT repository: https://github.com/KGP/X299-System-SSDTs

Unsolid dos not work with Mojave.

If you want further help provide all information requested at the beginning of Section C.)

Good luck,

KGP

X299 EFI-Folder repository: https://github.com/KGP/X299-EFI-Folder-Distributions

X299 SSDT repository: https://github.com/KGP/X299-System-SSDTs

Unsolid dos not work with Mojave.

If you want further help provide all information requested at the beginning of Section C.)

Good luck,

KGP

Thanks.

I look at Section C and most of the things are from your 1st post, ie. the EFI, the BIOS settings, the kexts are from the end of the guide, but I have no idea where to find IOREG and DSDT.aml, and how do I get a PCI Apple system report? Really lost here. LOL!

Edit: I've also loaded your config.plist file into the clover configurator, and I haven't a clue what am I supposed to do. There are so many options and no description of what each of them do. Totally confused. LOL!

All is well guys. Thanks KGP for your help.

I finally get the Hi Sierra re-installed. Turn out I just have to add Lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext

The missing link was Lilu and I have no idea why. LOL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back