Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, seems that you disabled all ACPI patches in the config.plist of the EFI-Folder I designed for you some weeks ago.

e.g. there is PC00 instead of PCI0 in your IOREG! Your SSDTs currently might simply crash without the respective ACPI replacements in the config.plist.

Let me once more attach the complete and revised EFi-Folder below.

BAAM, here we go, many thanks! Something must have gotten messed up, because I definitively implemented your custom EFI folder in the first place.

Now the CG Titan Ridge shows under PCI devices. Attached is the IOReg dump one more time ...

Now ... throw all your dirty questions at me ... :lol:

I am ready to test...

Attachments

• yvess iMac Pro.ioreg
    8.8 MB · Views: 89
Reactions: kgp
BAAM, here we go, many thanks! Something must have gotten messed up, because I definitively implemented your custom EFI folder in the first place.

Now the CG Titan Ridge shows under PCI devices. Attached is the IOReg dump one more time ...

Now ... throw all your dirty questions at me ... :lol:

I am ready to test...

Yes sir.. now your IROEG looks reasonable ;)..

Happy TB Display testing :thumbup:

@flymovies,

can you tell me the device-ID of your Vega?

Screenshot 2018-11-25 at 13.10.57.png

Just preparing a revised EFI-Folder for you, with current Clover distribution, new FakeSMC HWsensor kexts and updated Clover themes.

Did you earlier witness any KP on wake from system sleep with the LG 5K connected to one of the DP1.4 ports of your Vega? If so, the new FakeSMC HWsensor kexts should fix this issue (the old GPUSensor.kext was buggy). There might be still KP at wake from system sleep with the LG 5K connected to one of the TB3 ports of the GC-Titan Ridge though.

Last edited:
@flymovies,

can you tell me the device-ID of your Vega?

View attachment 367936

Just preparing a revised EFI-Folder for you, with current Clover distribution, new FakeSMC HWsensor kexts and updated Clover themes.

Did you earlier witness any KP on wake from system sleep with the LG 5K connected to one of the DP1.4 ports of your Vega? If so, the new FakeSMC HWsensor kexts should fix this issue (the old GPUSensor.kext was buggy). There might be still KP at wake from system sleep with the LG 5K connected to one of the TB3 port of the GC-Titan Ridge though.

Sure, here we go: The device ID is 0x6863.

I never witnessed a KP on this system since the early days. In fact, I just woke the system from sleep without any issues.

However, when it boots, it says "deep sleep not supported". But I guess this refers to the fact we don't have a T2 chip?

Houston, we have a hardware problem!?

When I connect the Vega to the CG Titan Ridge controller via the DP cables, the system boots fine (one beep for successful POST). The monitor says "Thunderbolt connected", but the screen stays black.

I have applied the BIOS settings from page 1 of this page, but at least I should see any information during boot like boot logo etc, right?

Or is this already proof of the suspected fact that the CG Titan Ridge would not work with our mainboard version?

Sure, here we go: The device ID is 0x6863.

I never witnessed a KP on this system since the early days. In fact, I just woke the system from sleep without any issues.

However, when it boots, it says "deep sleep not supported". But I guess this refers to the fact we don't have a T2 chip?

Ok.. than just stay with the current EFI-Folder for now.

Are you saying that sleep wake even works with the LG 5K connected to one of the TB3 ports of the GC-Titan Ridge? What about TB3 Monitor hotplug?

Houston, we have a hardware problem!?

When I connect the Vega to the CG Titan Ridge controller via the DP cables, the system boots fine (one beep for successful POST). The monitor says "Thunderbolt connected", but the screen stays black.

I have applied the BIOS settings from page 1 of this page, but at least I should see any information during boot like boot logo etc, right?

Or is this already proof of the suspected fact that the CG Titan Ridge would not work with our mainboard version?

GC-Titan Ridge should be backwards compatible with your LG 5K.

You can try to run at first place the display via TB3 under Windows. If that works try to boot with macOS.

GC-Titan Ridge should be backwards compatible with your LG 5K.

You can try to run at first place the display via TB3 under Windows. If that works try to boot with macOS.

Yeah, the problem is really, I don't even see clover :(

I see nothing: The display stays black/inactive from pressing the power button of that machine. This is, what bothers me ...

Yeah, the problem is really, I don't even see clover :(

I see nothing: The display stays black/inactive from pressing the power button of that machine. This is, what bothers me ...

Well maybe a question of BIOS or display settings?

Well maybe a question of BIOS or display settings?

Reading from the manual, I am not even sure dual-port patching to one TB-3 port is supported by the card.

Attachments

• IMG_2186.jpg
    IMG_2186.jpg
    585.1 KB · Views: 74
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back