Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true at all and is not based on some user error, I would not see how this could relate with the X299-DELUXE or the Vega-SSDT.

Please provide BIOS screenshots, EFI-Folder, IOREG.sav and "PCI" snapshot.

Definitely, your related posts are in the wrong thread. This is my 10.13 X299 iMacPro guide in the High Sierra section of this forum and content should have been posted along my 10.14 X299 iMacPro guide in the Mojave section of this forum.

Hi
The bios settings are set in accordance with your guide, except for CPU overclocking.
The vega is a silver water-cooled version. Plugged in the first pcie slot, you provide the vega ssdt I have not modified to use directly. Two ioregs, one is using vega ssdt one is not using vega ssdt

Sorry, my English is really bad, this is done with Google Translate.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OTYh6aAny7pwUwU2LRfQeNU375Rd3V-a/view?usp=sharing

img is not using Vega ssdt
Xnip2018-11-04_19-59-03.png

Hi
The bios settings are set in accordance with your guide, except for CPU overclocking.
The vega is a silver water-cooled version. Plugged in the first pcie slot, you provide the vega ssdt I have not modified to use directly. Two ioregs, one is using vega ssdt one is not using vega ssdt

Sorry, my English is really bad, this is done with Google Translate.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OTYh6aAny7pwUwU2LRfQeNU375Rd3V-a/view?usp=sharing

img is not using Vega ssdt
View attachment 362855

Your problems might trace back to the fact that you use both a Vega-SSDT and a Vega.kext in the EFI-Folder linked above, which is simply impossible. Either use the kext or the SSDT as otherwise certain GPU properties are injected twice and might collide with each other. For now, I removed the Vega.kext from your EFI-Folder-Folder and I left the Vega-SSDT at its place. You still have to properly adopt the "PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable" of the Vega-SSDT for your particular Vega 64 GPU, if necessary. How to do so, is fully described in my guide. Until you reach a proper "PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable" configuration, carefully watch respective GPU temps under load conditions (GPU benchmarks) in order not to harm your Vega.

As there have been also other severe inconsistencies in your EFI-Folder, i.e. wrong Sensor kexts, wrong XHC USB kext, missing Whatevergreen.kext, etc., it was unavoidable to substantially modify your EFI-Folder. The resulting EFI-Folder is attached below.

Apart from the fact that our current postings related to your issue still occur in the wrong thread as already mentioned before, you also do not provide any Skylake-X/X299 system specs (mobo, CPU, CPU) in either your profile or signature, which is another no-go.

Cheers,

KGP

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.1 MB · Views: 90
Your problems might trace back to the fact that you use both a Vega-SSDT and a Vega.kext in the EFI-Folder linked above, which is simply impossible. Either use the kext or the SSDT as otherwise certain GPU properties are injected twice and might collide with each other. For now, I removed the Vega.kext from your EFI-Folder-Folder and I left the Vega-SSDT at its place. You still have to properly adopt the "PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable" of the Vega-SSDT for your particular Vega 64 GPU, if necessary. How to do so, is fully described in my guide. Until you reach a proper "PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable" configuration, carefully watch respective GPU temps under load conditions (GPU benchmarks) in order not to harm your Vega.

As there have been also other severe inconsistencies in your EFI-Folder, i.e. wrong Sensor kexts, wrong XHC USB kext, missing Whatevergreen.kext, etc., it was unavoidable to substantially modify your EFI-Folder. The resulting EFI-Folder is attached below.

Apart from the fact that our current postings related to your issue still occur in the wrong thread as already mentioned before, you also do not provide any Skylake-X/X299 system specs (mobo, CPU, CPU) in either your profile or signature, which is another no-go.

Cheers,

KGP
Sorry, I didn't list the detailed hardware list.

ASUS PRIME X299-DELUXE bios 1503
Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB HBM2 Air cooling
Intel i9-9740X
I use large water cooling, temperature don't worry

Thank you

Sorry, I didn't list the detailed hardware list.

ASUS PRIME X299-DELUXE bios 1503
Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB HBM2 Air cooling
Intel i9-9740X
I use large water cooling, temperature don't worry

Thank you

My friend,

it seems that you still do not understand. You should implement and provide your Syklake-X/X299 systems specs, i.e. mobo, CPU and GPU details in either your profile or signature.

Once more thanks in advance,

KGP

Yay!! Didn't see this Under Downloads/Nvidia Driver so didn't think they would be releasing one. Still bummed there aren't any for Mojave. Is there any way to make the 1080ti work under Mojave? I'm assuming patching a driver for 10.13.6 wouldn't work very well.

Do not even think about patching the 10.13.6 Web Driver for 10.14.. ;)

That there is suddenly a Web Driver for 10.13.6 SU seems anything else then official. The latter Web Driver rather appears to be a kind of back door present from Nvidia to the respective Nvidia community.

I would also bury all hopes that there will be a 10.14 Web Driver release within some reasonable time. Latest rumours rather suggest that Apple rather decided to kick out Nvidia from any macOS 10.14 business.

Coming back after 2 weeks away, I find that neither iMessage nor FaceTime are working on my desktop. I was running 10.13.6 so decided that was a good opportunity to upgrade to Mojave 10.14. That's done, but iMessage still won't work.

I get a message "An error occurred during activation. Try again". I've followed all the steps as found in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-fix-imessage.110471/ with no luck.
I changed my serial number etc... nada.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Edit: When checking for a serial number I always get "We’re sorry, but this serial number isn’t valid. Please check your information and try again." now this is an error I always got in the past and it never caused an issue. According to the guide that wasn't good and I have to generate a new serial id until one is found to be valid. I've tried a dozen times with no luck :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Your solutions contributed to get a series of devices working, for example usb 3.1 and NVME which weren't. Unfortunately I fall short of knowledge to "add a SSDT for HighPoint RocketRaid 640L PCIe adapter". I would greatly appreciate redirection to a guide to generate one. Thanks!
Nevermind, find it here, from KGP as well!

Coming back after 2 weeks away, I find that neither iMessage nor FaceTime are working on my desktop. I was running 10.13.6 so decided that was a good opportunity to upgrade to Mojave 10.14. That's done, but iMessage still won't work.

I get a message "An error occurred during activation. Try again". I've followed all the steps as found in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-fix-imessage.110471/ with no luck.
I changed my serial number etc... nada.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Edit: When checking for a serial number I always get "We’re sorry, but this serial number isn’t valid. Please check your information and try again." now this is an error I always got in the past and it never caused an issue. According to the guide that wasn't good and I have to generate a new serial id until one is found to be valid. I've tried a dozen times with no luck :(

You can blindly believe serial and board serial provided by Clover. Don't forget to also add SmUUID. The usual serial checks proposed by "an iDiot's guide to iMessage" do not work for iMacPro. This is commonly know from the very beginning and did not change in the meanwhile.

Using AptioMemoryFix.efi should be sufficient to have natively implemented NVRAM and your SMBIOS credentials should be transmitted without any issue. Did you install by error Clovers RC-scirpts? Remove them in this case as outlined in the guide.

I would exclude any other error at your system side.

BTW.. why don't you simply take your 10.13 EFI-Folder? Implement the latest Clover, Lilu , Lilu Plugin distributions, disable the port limit patch if you are under 10.14.1, and that's it basically...

The update from 10.13.6 to 10.14 is basically vanilla.

Also for you @Rulebreaker01, 10.14 matters please not here but under the respective iMacPro X299 Mojave thread!

Thanks in advance!

You can blindly believe serial and board serial provided by Clover. Don't forget to also add SmUUID. The usual serial checks proposed by "an iDiot's guide to iMessage" do not work for iMacPro. This is commonly know from the very beginning and did not change in the meanwhile.

Using AptioMemoryFix.efi should be sufficient to have natively implemented NVRAM and your SMBIOS credentials should be transmitted without any issue. Did you install by error Clovers RC-scirpts? Remove them in this case as outlined in the guide.

I've changed nothing to my setup until today... the EFI folder has been the same for months.
Screen Shot 2018-11-04 at 7.08.56 pm.png

Just somehow suddenly iMessage no longer work..

Edit: I did upgrade the BIOS yesterday, I wonder if this is related

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back