Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you test all ports of your vega 56? VegaGraphicsFixup is mandatory or is one also able to use Whatevergreen?

For the moment and stay indulgent with me :

I managed two SSDs with Mojave 10.14 installation :

- 1/ SMBIOS iMac Pro 1,1 : i tested only with DP port number 1 and VegaGraphicsFixup is mandatory also Whatevergreen too for booting without black screen issues, ( information on my previous post )

( It is my current SSD from the beginning for daily usage upgraded from 10,13,6 to 10,14,0 )

- [ 2/ SMBIOS MacPro 6,1 : i tested only with DP port number 1 and VegaGraphicsFixup is mandatory but Whatevergreen is not needed no black screen issue only for testing purpose]

Attachments

• IMG_0837.JPG
    IMG_0837.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:
I received the Macbook pro 2018 today, which has a Titan Ridge thunderbolt chipset. The Apple TB display works perfectly with it.
So at least we know its not the Titan Ridge that is causing a problem.

Reactions: kgp
I received the Macbook pro 2018 today, which has a Titan Ridge thunderbolt chipset. The Apple TB display works perfectly with it.
So at least we know its not the Titan Ridge that is causing a problem.

Could you upload a darvin dump with root permissions + IOREG.save?

Hi all, again. Anyone have any suggestions on an iMac Pro Hackintosh. My Nvidia 980ti was working perfectly for 3 days and then stopped. The Nvidia preferences says No GPU detected. Any thoughts? i have seen a few other instances of this where users tried to reinstall the drivers, custom install clover with fix and I have tried them... If anyone has any suggestions other suggestions I am open.

Another feedback from my recent installation of Vega 56 :

Playing movies with full HD resolution through DP port (for the moment 4k will be possible at the end of this week) works flawlessly on different encoding containers such MKV, Avi, Mpg4, H.264.
I did not perform tests with H.265 for now but I will try to convert to see if encoding H.265 works or playing video H.265 on the fly.

Reactions: kgp
Hi all, again. Anyone have any suggestions on an iMac Pro Hackintosh. My Nvidia 980ti was working perfectly for 3 days and then stopped. The Nvidia preferences says No GPU detected. Any thoughts? i have seen a few other instances of this where users tried to reinstall the drivers, custom install clover with fix and I have tried them... If anyone has any suggestions other suggestions I am open.
Open your config.plist , and make sure you have NvidiaWeb checked like this:
Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 7.15.24 AM.png

The default from doesn't have it checked, and the drivers will store a value in the NVRAM to load up with the drivers, but that might have been cleared on your end...

So this should fix it.

I am using the same GPU, and it is working well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back