Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which thermal material was used? A product called "liquid metal" (probably: gallium; turns liquid at room temperature) appears to provide significantly better cooling properties, compared to other solutions.
See: "My CPU dropped *20 DEGREES* after my first delidding"

I got mine delidded and used the "best" liquid metal according to various reviews.

I was very far from seeing 20C improvement in temperature. In fact it was so average that I got it redone by a professional shop and it didn't help either.
5-10C is more likely IMHO

Unfortunately, I don't know how to use this stuff at all :banghead:
Here is the list of Terminal commands for patching the BIOS file.
But if your macOS is not lagging with the unpatched BIOS, I would recommend you to stay with the unpatched version.

Attachments

• patches.rtf.zip
    738 bytes · Views: 63
Gigabyte responded to my tickets about the Titan Ridge not working with an Apple Thunderbolt Display.
Their answer was that only motherboards with chipset B360 or H310 were supported.

Thats à bit dumb, especially that I haven't seen any such restrictions on their documentation or packaging.

Gigabyte responded to my tickets about the Titan Ridge not working with an Apple Thunderbolt Display.
Their answer was that only motherboards with chipset B360 or H310 were supported.

Thats à bit dumb, especially that I haven't seen any such restrictions on their documentation or packaging.

This would mean that the GC-Titan Ridge would just work with Coffee Lake mainboards? And why does it work then with Skylake-X/X299 mainboards, like in my case with the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe?

Pp
This would mean that the GC-Titan Ridge would just work with Coffee Lake mainboards? And why does it work then with Skylake-X/X299 mainboards, like in my case with the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe?

I guess that's the difference between officially supported and just happening to work. An easy excuse for them to dismiss the problem as I don't have such motherboard

Pp

I guess that's the difference between officially supported and just happening to work. An easy excuse for them to dismiss the problem as I don't have such motherboard

Yea.. probably.. something which is not of help in our case at all..

Here is the list of Terminal commands for patching the BIOS file.
But if your macOS is not lagging with the unpatched BIOS, I would recommend you to stay with the unpatched version.

So I better stay with VoodooHDA in the end... ok! It's strange AppleALC + Lilu + .amls doesn't work only for me !! Dammit!

I do not use the limited but standard edition of the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64. I don't think that your sporadic black screen issues on wake have something to do with the Vega. It might be rather CPU, USB or PCIe related. Something might cause a KP on wake occasionally. You will have to figure out which component causes the issue. Very likely it is still the Titan Ridge. Try to access your system from outside, once you witness the black screen on wake. I guess you won't be able. The PC should not randomly wake anyway.

You are also invited to further improve related SSDTs if necessary.

Thanks for clarifying. Unfortunately it happens without the Titan Ridge in the machine. I only have the keyboard & mouse receiver plugged in and Bluetooth & Wi-Fi module installed witch I'll take it out and try without it.

Just disable sleep and only enable monitor sleep.

Also are you using WhateverGreen + Lilu?

Yes I'm using both:cry:

Turned out, they do state what chipset the card is for on their product page:
https://www.gigabyte.com/eu/Motherboard/GC-TITAN-RIDGE-rev-10#kf

"The GC-TITAN RIDGE is compatible with GIGABYTE motherboards of that include a Thunderbolt™ header on below:
Intel platform: H370/B360-series"

I am sure that you will find a similar Gigabyte statement in case of the GC-Alpine Ridge, which however has been proven to work with any mainboard independent from brand and CPU specification. Only requirement: a Thunderbolt™ header..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back