Votes: 639 52.0%

Votes: 237 19.3%

Votes: 45 3.7%
  • 5 or More

Votes: 17 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just upgraded with a Samsung UHD 28" Display as Main Screen. Running only 3,2k... maybe my eyes get older
but 3840 fonts are just to small...

Acer 24" IPS Panel 1080 via HDMI - been working on it for 4 years... never failed me.

My LG 24" TN Panel 1080 via DVI - is one piece of crap... I wouldn't recommend buying LG anymore after this display. The backlight electronics have their own mind... appearing to break time after time and suddenly start working again... Changes his behavior with the weather :'D

Attachments

• IMG_2118.JPG
    IMG_2118.JPG
    530.6 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:
can anyone share benchmark experience after switching to twice resolution? I'm interesting on how much my hackintosh slow down if i switch from 2560x1440 to 4K resolution. Any real experience with speed?

can anyone share benchmark experience after switching to twice resolution? I'm interesting on how much my hackintosh slow down if i switch from 2560x1440 to 4K resolution. Any real experience with speed?

Well that obviously depends on what you are putting on your screen:

- complex 3D graphics: it will slow down a lot since each pixel that has to be rendered for the scene adds work
- 2D graphics: if you have complex graphics (eg illustrator and perhaps PS) it may actually be faster since you're scrolling less
- normal apps: by my measure, there is no slowdown whatsoever. I run 19W GT 710s x 2 + Intel HD 530 IG and there is no slowdown on my 3 x 4K monitors (plus a 1080p monitor), which is a total of about 26 million pixels. I'm running an i5-6500.

On my main Mac, I use 3 Dell 24" HD LED monitors, all connected to a GTX 960 via HDMI. On my secondary Mac I use 2 Dell 27" HD LED monitors connected to dual GTX 560ti via HDMI. I like multiple displays because I can run multiple applications at once and they have their own space. OSX 10.11 actually allows you to combine all the monitors into a single space as well which is cool but not that useful for me.

Do you use multiple monitors? If so, how many? And would you recommend multiple displays or one large screen?
I have a 24" premier color dell u2413 display, and one 13" Gechic 1303H.

Dell's my flagship monitor for color critical work, and daily driver.

My gechic plugs to my hackintosh via a single minidisplay port cable. minimal cable mess as it's usb powered.

Sadly I'm not running OS X on my i7 at the moment due to hardware issues, but here's my display setup (pic attached). 24" ViewSonic > 40" Toshiba HDTV < 24" AOC. I really want to have the two 24" displays conventionally next to each other, and then have the 40" HDTV on a pivoting arm above it all. Soon I hope.

EDIT: Ignore the messy desk and uneaten burger. lol.

EDIT 2: I decided to setup 3 displays because I did have my two 24" setup directly next to each other, but I had my 40" HDTV to my right and behind me. I occasionally stream my PS4 games on Twitch and having to 180 spin each time I wanted to check a chat comment etc was getting stupid, and I wanted to see what it'd look like having 3 displays running on my system. My use case though is generally general use (web browsing, movie/anime watching, chatting etc) and it's nice to have a random app's window on any of the three available displays at any given moment.

Attachments

• setup.jpg
    setup.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
i'm running two 24s under el captain with a GTX 950 however have to plug in second monitor after boot or i get a restart loop "scratches head" ...

I use 2x 20" Cinema Displays (Don't hate, I love them!) and one 38" Sony TV on the wall above.
I love this because I can use the two Cinema Displays when I'm working on projects, and still have some Plex action going on above :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back