Votes: 639 52.0%

Votes: 237 19.3%

Votes: 45 3.7%
  • 5 or More

Votes: 17 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using one high quality and color calibrated 24" display. Been thinking about picking up a second one though.

I have 3 monitors which is perfect for me (web dev)- one small one above which has useful windows open like KeepassX, Mamp, Filezilla, Chrome Devtools. One with the browser and one with a code editor like sublime. I find that easier than using one monitor and switching desktops etc. Plus I feel like a cool hacker with lots of monitors..

I use 2x27" 1920x1080 screens for modelling and rendering. The only thing that would change this arrangement would be a 5K screen but the cost way to prohibitive for now.

Martin

Do you use multiple monitors? If so, how many? And would you recommend multiple displays or one large screen?

I have been using 2 monitors sinse 1998, my only PCI slot of the Performa 6360 in that time hass a Matrox video card .
Later, when O changed for a Beige G3, I gat an ATI Radeon 7000 PCI, witch I flashed to MAC, and keep using it till my G4 DA retires ...
But recently ( july 2015 ) I changed to a Dell 34 Ultra Wide, and with this big monitor I really do not feel the need for a second monitor ...

I had a 3 monitors on windows, before switch to mac, Now i have only one apple cinema display, no more reason to have more than one monitor now under mac, because mission control ...

I'm using a single 27" 4K monitor but I've been looking around for good deals on larger 4K displays because 27" is too small to use 4K at its native resolution.

I'm using three currently, ideal for my web development work.

4. 2x24" portrait on each side of 40" curved 4K, plus 34" curved on top.
I multitask heavily and require a LOT of space. Plus I hate switching windows. This solves it somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back