Votes: 237 19.3%

Votes: 45 3.7%
  • 5 or More

Votes: 17 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
2x 21" 1080p (16:9) LG LEDs - no VESA bracket support ;( :banghead:

I need to get myself another set of monitors, *with* VESA brackets, so that I can turn one of them sideways, ie, have a higher rather than wider display for when I read code/config files/debug output etc.

One of the main fun parts of multiple monitors, is the video/movie/series playing on the offset screen while I work on the center/main screen. Do it on laptop too.

My biggest pain with the wider/cinematic screens, is that you loose a helluva lot of code/debug/reading/etc. area once you've added in the menu/status/etc. bar off the app and the OS (either Windows or MacOSX, but Windows you can "auto-hide" it, but not the topbar in MacOSX), so then I want my screens turned 90/270degrees. The problem then with the 21:9 (and also the bigger 16:9) is that they become just too high. I already feel the 23" monitors are too big... need to be too far away to comfortably read/view/etc. I quite liked the 17" 4:3 1280x1024 monitor and pixel/DPI size.

*If* I'm getting a third display in my normal setup, it'll definitely be a setup with that being the centerpiece turned sideways, ie. setup like: = || =

Two large screens for me!

My main monitor is a Dell 30" (2560 X 1600) and my secondary monitor is a Seiki 39" 4K.

Hello,
I use 3 monitors and I am thinking to 4.

I am a programmer and I really like :

Left one to display the documentation
Middle one to display my IDE (Development software)
Right one to display the preview of my website and my console

At the beginning I remember I was saying 2 screens ? Useless I can do everything on one. But after trying I just changed my mind. :p

All very subjective as to what you use your machine for. I have a 27" cinema display, and a little 15" dell on the side. Means I can have apps open all the time that do not need to be amazing quality (email, messages, etc) without it taking up any real workspace. I also have an AV receiver plugged into the HDMI for films, but I don't use this monitor for productive purposes. I would always recommend at least 2 screens for any productive work.

I use two. I find it great to work on the larger screen while viewing a movie or tv show on the smaller screen. Of course I don't much work done =). It's also great to be able to spread out windows/apps on the two screens and simply work the dragging and dropping of photos, text, etc.

HMM..

27"ips

Personaly I like quality and not quantity.

THOugh... screen realestate is helpful in content creation... but in that sense I have to really stand behind the 1 display..

esp when 4k comes around. Its not like you can really take advantage of having multiple displays.. maybe if you have multiple threaded brain waves..

agreed..however i just switched from an apple cinema display 27'(1440p) and a samsung 2ndary screen(1080)
to an asus 4k monitor for my studio setup.The screen realestate is EPIC.Miss the color of the ips screen but having the mixer in logic with 4-5 plugins open and still be able to do arrangement edits is priceless.

I currently have two 24" Samsung SyncMaster SA850 Monitors and a small 19" Dell connected to my laptop.

I am going to be getting a third 24" Samsung so i can use triple support when gaming.

Also going to have large Screen for viewing films on as well, when writing for media

I love having two displays because Pro Tools and Logic both have support for multiple windows. I have not worked with one in a long while and I could imagine having to again either

are those a5's or a7's?

I've been working in video editing since the early nineties and it was indispensable to work with 2 large monitors.
At home, long before Apple created the iPad, I've always used a second 5/4 pivot monitor in Portrait mode, to put there what is vertical by nature (Word, Mail, Web) or distributing ProTools' windows (mix and edit).
That was making a lot of sense with my G5 iMac 21", I even used it as my main monitor despite its low quality (compared to the iMac's display) but nowadays I rarely power on my side monitor — my 24" is generally enough.
Only when I have to work for a long time switching between multiple documents of different types, it's very useful: having a pdf with a score, a word document to translate and checking the song in Youtube, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back