Contribute
Register

How long does it take to migrate to clover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It only took me a few minutes to migrate. I just installed Clover onto my HDD and selected my settings using Clover Configurator. Then I deleted the /Extra folder because I didn't use Chimera anymore and then put my UEFI drive as the 1st boot priority in my BIOS.

Wow that must be nice. Retina huh.

:ugeek:

Is there a way you can tell if you've booted from Clover or just your Chimera/Chameleon boot?

Wow that must be nice. Retina huh.

:ugeek:

Is there a way you can tell if you've booted from Clover or just your Chimera/Chameleon boot?
Boot screens are different. Also, with Clover there is an EFI partition while Chimera/Chameleon does not use this.

It only took me a few minutes to migrate. I just installed Clover onto my HDD and selected my settings using Clover Configurator. Then I deleted the /Extra folder because I didn't use Chimera anymore and then put my UEFI drive as the 1st boot priority in my BIOS.

I expected it to be a process like this. I tried doing so from a clover usb however and could't even get it to boot. Since I'm getting an iMac next year, I really think I'll just live without iMessage for 6 months...

live without iMessage for 6 months...
That's no excuse.

The reason I asked about the clover boot, was that I just booted from the USB and it crashed immediately. Saying it couldn't find the kernel. Not sure if I'm supposed to copy ALL kexts over or what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back