Contribute
Register

how install Open Core ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter has a Mac, but she is now back at university.

Of course it should be i5-6400!

From the Opencore Skylake guide I need SSDT-PLUG. How do I complie SSDT in windows? I downloaded something called iasl-win but cannot figure out how to use it.
I spent a long time with Clover trying to get the internet to work, with no success, so I thought I would give Opencore a try, it is a steep learning curve but I think I am slowly getting the hang of it!

I have figured out how to compile the SSDT but still have the same problem, it gets to apple symbol and boots to a black screen, I have made a new USB bootloader and now at least get more messages in the error log-attached

Attachments

• opencore-2020-03-17-200146.txt
    256 KB · Views: 120
Of course it should be i5-6400!

From the Opencore Skylake guide I need SSDT-PLUG. How do I complie SSDT in windows? I downloaded something called iasl-win but cannot figure out how to use it.
I spent a long time with Clover trying to get the internet to work, with no success, so I thought I would give Opencore a try, it is a steep learning curve but I think I am slowly getting the hang of it!
Have you tried https://github.com/corpnewt/SSDTTime

I have tried to compile SSDT using SSDTTime but when I click on SSDTTime.bat or SSDTTime.py the terminal window opens and then quickly closes. I have installed Python and clicked on Add Python Path on the installer.
This is on Windows 10-I do not have access to a Mac at the moment but will have at the weekend.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

David

I have tried to compile SSDT using SSDTTime but when I click on SSDTTime.bat or SSDTTime.py the terminal window opens and then quickly closes. I have installed Python and clicked on Add Python Path on the installer.
This is on Windows 10-I do not have access to a Mac at the moment but will have at the weekend.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

David
Right click and choose Run as Administrator

I tried that but it didn't work. See solution from greg2002mi-in forum Installation-SSDT

SSDTTime now works.

So I have compiled SSDT-PLUG and put it in ACPI but I still have the same problem. I should have access to a Mac tomorrow so will try to figure it out then. I may well give Clover another try too. I need to learn how to map my USB ports to check if this is the problem.
One of the error messages is:AppleUSBHostPort Disconnect: numerous enumeration failures. For some reason this message appears on the screen but I cannot see it in the boot log.

David

I have now tried disconnecting my mouse and keyboard and I don't get the above error message anymore. My target disc is formatted to HFS+ and GPT. Could this be a problem? I presume with Opencore I should be able to boot in to Disk Utitlity and reformat it as APFS?
When I boot with my Windows disc connected I get this error message:
1:108 00:044 OCB: Matching <> args on type 3 0
31:337 00:229 OCFS: Filename \ has trailing slash
What does this mean? Should I change the slash the other way? When I boot without the windows disk I do not get this message. Booting with the Windows disc attached uses Refind, could this cause a problem?
The end result with or without the windows disc attached is always that the computer shuts down after the Apple logo. There is some very fast text whch appears on the screen which doesn't seem to be in the log, is there anyway I can get this to go in the log?
Attached is the boot log.

David

Attachments

• opencore-2020-03-17-200146.txt
    256 KB · Views: 91
Suggest you go back and read this guide:
Pay special attention to the section on the config.plist for your Intel type board (Ivy Bridge, Haswell, the various Lake editions, etc.). Compare the recommended settings for each section of the config.plist against your config.plist and change where required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back