Contribute
Register

how install Open Core ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't noticed any difference performance-wise or stability and I agree Apple's driver is more compatible.

Anyway, I did map the USB ports, removed USB patches and changed the driver to HFSPlus.efi.

I used this guide to map the USB ports and it is probably the best guide I've seen.

I like doing it this way... Lol

DeviceProperties has two entries that don't seem to contain anything. Your audio-id should go here.

There's no need to put anything in there since I don't use onboard audio. My monitor have built-in speakers and uses DisplayPort audio.

Some tricks to make your hack like a real mac if you don't already know:

Misc->Boot->ShowPicker = NO
This will boot directly to default macos, set in Preference-Start-Up disk or first macOs it found if not set (equivalent to Clover fastboot setting).

Most of real mac preboot keyboard command will work with OC, like cmd+r to boot recovery and cmd+opt+p+r to reset nvram.

For multi boot system, just hold down option key or esc key before Apple logo show up, will bring up the OC boot menu.

Now go tell your friend you just bought a new mac. :)

Some tricks to make your hack like a real mac if you don't already know:

Misc->Boot->ShowPicker = NO
This will boot directly to default macos, set in Preference-Start-Up disk or first macOs it found if not set (equivalent to Clover fastboot setting).

Most of real mac preboot keyboard command will work with OC, like cmd+r to boot recovery and cmd+opt+p+r to reset nvram.

For multi boot system, just hold down option key or esc key before Apple logo show up, will bring up the OC boot menu.

Now go tell your friend you just bought a new mac. :)

Do you know if NetBoot works?

No, NetBoot is not implemented or will be for security reason. I remember the comment i read from scanning their codes.

Here is my EFI that I have working with Catalina on Z170.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 305
Power management

Update: I disabled SSDT.aml and PM seems to be doing a lot better. CPU is recognized correctly and lower CPU frequency when idle.

I managed to remove that and macOS boots up okay.

I removed OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi and it boots up okay.

Me too. I consider OC to be an vanilla booter which I think is better suited for experienced users until OC Configurator is well developed. Clover is nice with all the whistles and bells but it's somewhat bloated with many archaic options that nobody use nowadays. I also noticed that the memory usage is much better with OC.

I made significant update to my config.plist from current OC's sample.plist file.

Hello, I have pretty much the exact system setup as you and I'm trying to get OpenCore working on the Maximus VIII gene. Could you share you config.plist? I feel so close yet so far from getting this to boot!

Hello, I have pretty much the exact system setup as you and I'm trying to get OpenCore working on the Maximus VIII gene. Could you share you config.plist? I feel so close yet so far from getting this to boot!

I can share my EFI folder but you will need to generate your own platforminfo keys. It's using the latest .53 version.

USB ports are already configured so don't need USBInjectAll.kext.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 179
Last edited:
I am about to upgrade or resetup my current hack. Is there any benefit yet to use opencore instead of clover ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back