Contribute
Register

how install Open Core ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am about to upgrade or resetup my current hack. Is there any benefit yet to use opencore instead of clover ?

- OpenCore itself is EFI driver while Clover is built on top of EFI driver.
- Quicker bootup
- More stable than Clover
- Supports encrypted drive
- More modular than Clover
- OpenCore have Documentations support. There is no documentations for Clover so you're left to guess what the options does.
- WhateverGreen, Lilu, AppleALC and VirtualSMC are created by OpenCore devs so better support and compatibility.

OpenCore isn't for someone who is new in hackintosh world as OpenCore is still in beta stage, its very stable and OpenCore configurator isn't completed yet. If you are familiar with Clover settings then OpenCore shouldn't be too hard to configure as long as you use the basic OpenCore config.plist settings to begin with. You will need to use Xcode Editor or PlistEdit to edit config.plist.

I have downloaded the Full Setup, 5.21 GB of "041-91741 - 10.13.6 macOS High Sierra" using the OpenCore gibMacOS.bat.

But when i try creating the Bootable USB using MakeInstall.bat, It says "Please paste the recovery update pkg path to extract:"

How can I create the Full Install using MakeInstall.bat, as it starts using the Internet Connection during the install.?

I have downloaded the Full Setup, 5.21 GB of "041-91741 - 10.13.6 macOS High Sierra" using the OpenCore gibMacOS.bat.

But when i try creating the Bootable USB using MakeInstall.bat, It says "Please paste the recovery update pkg path to extract:"

How can I create the Full Install using MakeInstall.bat, as it starts using the Internet Connection during the install.?
In gibMacOS screen with the list of the install applications, type r and hit enter. This will give you a list of the recovery installation apps. Select the latest version with FULL INSTALL in the title of the Mac OS you want to download & install. This will be downloaded to your PC and, when complete, you will see the file address it is in. Copy this to a text document so you can copy and paste it when asked for the path to it.

H, I am trying to install Catalina on a Z170 P, using Opencore, it gets to the apple symbol and then shuts down. The debug log says;

OCB: Failed to match a default boot option. I have scan policy=0. Attached is my config.plist. For a long time I could not see the target disc except from the BIOS. I have now reformated it as HPFS using Paragon and can see it in Paragon. Before it waa in a container. I had a previous instalation of Catalina using Clover but I could not get the internet to work. I do not have access to an apple computer at the moment.

David

Attachments

• opencore-2020-03-15-221252.txt
    256 KB · Views: 87
  • config.plist
    17.7 KB · Views: 86
First order of business is to fill out your profile with useful information. https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/account-details What specific Intel CPU, Asus motherboard etc.

Screen Shot 20.jpg

Last edited:
OpenCore isn't for someone who is new in hackintosh world as OpenCore is still in beta stage,
@Stargazer3 I'd suggest you wait a short time until we have an OpenCore beginners guide posted. If you cant wait try using a Unibeast installer with Clover. Much lower learning curve for beginners.

I had a previous instalation of Catalina using Clover but I could not get the internet to work. I do not have access to an apple computer at the moment.
Where did you download Catalina from if you didn't have access to a Mac ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back