i5-10500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've used Big Sur for a while now and still have mixed feelings about them. Some, but not all still really bug me when I look at them.

What is just OK

Making these simple "squircle" changes to icons from Catalina is not a big deal, but mostly just laziness from the graphic designers at Apple.

Big-Sur-vs-Catalina-icons-2-1536x864.jpg

Screen Shot 16.jpg

___________ And call it an icon Redesign !

The rounded squares are fine with me, actually prefer it for some of the Big Sur icons.

What I really like

The System Preferences icon looks really good with some depth added to it. Especially on a 4K monitor.
Terminal icon looks better as well as Activity Monitor.

Big-Sur-vs-Catalina-icons-3-1536x864.jpg

What went from bad to worse !

The launchpad icon always looked silly to me now it has three rows of PlaySkool blocks inside a squircle. :crazy:

The Bell Notifications icon has to be the very worst of all. Looks completely out of place. Don't know if they will ever change it.

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 9.01.37 PM.png

Last but not least I really dislike the change to the Mail app icon. The old one with the hawk was perfect, now it looks like something from Windows XP or ME. I know, it's used in iOS but why not leave the old version in macOS ?

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 9.05.31 PM.png

What do you think ? Did Tim Cook and Apple lie to us, saying they've never planned to merge iOS and macOS ? That each OS would keep it's unique distinctions. How about just letting me keep one Classic Mail app icon if I want to ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back