Contribute
Register

HM76 HD4000 4mb VRAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before that, I hackintoshed mi Desktop PC at work with tonymac's procedure without issues from Mountain Lion to El Capitan, but I admit this notebook is more complicated and next->next->next method doesn't work here. Hence I only need video, keyboard and keypad works. It is too much?

Laptops are totally different to desktops. With laptops patching Powermanagement is the most important thing to do because you can burn the CPU out, Hard drives can also stop working due to overheating. Cooling on a laptop is totally different to a desktop. I recommend having Powermanagement and fully patched ACPI but its up to you if you want your laptop to burn out then thats your choice I've seen some laptops in a state also burnt out due to overheating. NullCPUPowermanagement will disable native Powermanagement and cause the CPU to be at full throttle in idle which isn't good for any CPU hence why i stay away from NullCPUPowermanagement and don't recommend it.

OK, at this moment I trying install in legacy mode with tonymac's procedure. I have this at the moment:
Video (bad resolution)
keyboard and trackpad -> not working
sound -> not working

Can I install HD 4000 kext from who-knows-where?

By other hand, to disable SIP I'll try with this

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x67</string>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
</dict>

this is right?

Laptops are totally different to desktops. With laptops patching Powermanagement is the most important thing to do because you can burn the CPU out, Hard drives can also stop working due to overheating. Cooling on a laptop is totally different to a desktop. I recommend having Powermanagement and fully patched ACPI but its up to you if you want your laptop to burn out then thats your choice I've seen some laptops in a state also burnt out due to overheating. NullCPUPowermanagement will disable native Powermanagement and cause the CPU to be at full throttle in idle which isn't good for any CPU hence why i stay away from NullCPUPowermanagement and don't recommend it.

Agree, this notebook is hard to configure.

OK, at this moment I trying install in legacy mode with tonymac's procedure. I have this at the moment:
Video (bad resolution)
keyboard and trackpad -> not working
sound -> not working

Can I install HD 4000 kext from who-knows-where?

By other hand, to disable SIP I'll try with this

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x67</string>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
</dict>

this is right?

Follow guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

The guide has the correct settings to disable SIP.
There is no need to install additional kexts for HD4000 (the correct kexts are provided by the OS X installer).
The guide has the correct config.plist files for HD4000.

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Follow guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

The guide has the correct settings to disable SIP.
There is no need to install additional kexts for HD4000 (the correct kexts are provided by the OS X installer).
The guide has the correct config.plist files for HD4000.

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Thanks, I'll try another day.

OK, I'm at work right now. I follow instructions to create USB stick. My only doubt is if I really choose the right config.plist (I choose config_HD4000_1366x768.plist)
Do I need to change something in this file or I can use "as is"?

OK, I'm at work right now. I follow instructions to create USB stick. My only doubt is if I really choose the right config.plist (I choose config_HD4000_1366x768.plist)
Do I need to change something in this file or I can use "as is"?

No idea. Your profile is not filled out per guide... as a result, no idea what hardware you have.

Attachments

• Boot_Failed.JPG
    Boot_Failed.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 59
  • EFI.tar.gz.zip
    4 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
I followed all steps of your procedure (http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/)
When the computer boots, It hangs with this message (see photo attached)
Also I attached EFI folder (pls, rename EFI.tar.gz.zip to EFI.tar.gz), and updated my HW profile as you request.
Maybe config.plist is wrong.
Your help is appreciated.

GenericUSBXHCI.kext not needed, not recommended by my guide.
Your config.plist is corrupt (it appears you downloaded some HTML for your config.plist).
Your signature does not indicate your screen resolution.

GenericUSBXHCI.kext not needed, not recommended by my guide.
Your config.plist is corrupt (it appears you downloaded some HTML for your config.plist).
Your signature does not indicate your screen resolution.

Hi,
Can you attach me config.plist for HD 4000 (1366x768 - updated signature) please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back