Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Need some help...I have a GA-Z77-UP5-TH build that runs great. Just picked up a Rocket 640L (not RAID) card to support (3) hot-swap bays and have been trying to get it spun up. Each time I install the card, I get a boot failure...asks for me to select a boot drive and reboot. Everything runs great without the card in. I have updated kexts to "3rd Party SATA". Can anyone suggest what I'm missing?

- Richard

Need some help...I have a GA-Z77-UP5-TH build that runs great. Just picked up a Rocket 640L (not RAID) card to support (3) hot-swap bays and have been trying to get it spun up. Each time I install the card, I get a boot failure...asks for me to select a boot drive and reboot. Everything runs great without the card in. I have updated kexts to "3rd Party SATA". Can anyone suggest what I'm missing?

- Richard

When I tried the 640L card, I had to update the BIOS to (if I recall correctly) F12e version to get the card to register itself before the MB post. I then was able to configure RAID sets and run my evaluation of twin SSDs in a RAID 0 set. I found the performance to be less then the SATA III ports on the Z77X UP5 TH under a SW RAID 0 set in OS X 10.8.2. I pulled the card and put is aside until I need just another SATA controller.

neil

[SOLVED] Highpoint Rocket 640L SATA board install :: GA-Z77-UP5 TH - Boot Failure

When I tried the 640L card, I had to update the BIOS to (if I recall correctly) F12e version to get the card to register itself before the MB post.

Neil -

Spot on...the 12e beta BIOS did the trick. Recognized the card and I have my hot-swap bays up and running. THANKS for the critical info!

- Richard

I just updated my GA Z77-DS3H BIOS from F9 to F10f because my Rocket 640L wouldn't be recognized in 10.8.5.
Mac-OS is on its own SSD, I'm not trying to boot from the controller, it's used for data only.
Any help?

What is the latest version of the controller? - I have
BIOS: 1.0.0.1008
Firmware: 2.3.0.1028

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back