Contribute
Register

High Sierra wake problem (x79)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure it will help.
On my Dell T5600, which is X79/C600 chipset I had wake from sleep problem (System sleep properly but doesn't wake - black screen). Reading here and there I figured out it could be related to Intel Management Engine part of the bios.
I fixed it with a bios mod (thanks to Lost_N_BIOS) enabling the Intel Management Engine.
Not sure if I can't link it. In case erase this link https://www.win-raid.com/t3769f39-DELL-T-BIOS-A-amp-A.html

not helping for me. DSDT should be the solution.

Not sure it will help.
On my Dell T5600, which is X79/C600 chipset I had wake from sleep problem (System sleep properly but doesn't wake - black screen). Reading here and there I figured out it could be related to Intel Management Engine part of the bios.
I fixed it with a bios mod (thanks to Lost_N_BIOS) enabling the Intel Management Engine.
Not sure if I can't link it. In case erase this link https://www.win-raid.com/t3769f39-DELL-T-BIOS-A-amp-A.html

Hi vedovatod,
do you think this mod should work on any x79?
I'm trying to fix sleep problem on asus rampage iv extreme, and I would like to try your fix, but I will need your help.
Thank you

*** UPDATE: Hello there, after several tries finally i found a way to "sleep" x79 on High Sierra and even on Mojave. I used hibernation and seems to work well.

For anyone who wants to enable hibernation on high sierra / mojave must do the following steps:

1) open terminal and paste the following command "sudo pmset hibernationmode 25"
2) Update clover to latest version and enable the HibernationFix and RtcHibernateAware on Clover Configurator->Boot
3) Disable any nvram emulation such emuvariableuefi-64.efi from Clover Configurator->Install Drivers
4) Reboot your hack and you are ready.

This is a temporary fix, still searching for a real fix.

P.S. Hibernation works because the content of your ram is dumped on your hdd/ssd and when system wakes the dumped content restored to your ram. As you can imagine this read/write process can limit your SSD life so be aware.

APFS FIX:

1) Enable StrictHibernate on Clover Configurator->Boot
2) Create Boot0082 key in nvram with value your APFS volume UUID
  • Open terminal
  • run command "diskutil apfs list" and copy your HighSierra Volume uuid
  • run command "sudo nvram Boot0082=paste here your uuid"
3) Reboot your hack.

(uuid looks like XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX)
thanks!
I suscessed!

*** UPDATE: Hello there, after several tries finally i found a way to "sleep" x79 on High Sierra and even on Mojave. I used hibernation and seems to work well.

For anyone who wants to enable hibernation on high sierra / mojave must do the following steps:

1) open terminal and paste the following command "sudo pmset hibernationmode 25"
2) Update clover to latest version and enable the HibernationFix and RtcHibernateAware on Clover Configurator->Boot
3) Disable any nvram emulation such emuvariableuefi-64.efi from Clover Configurator->Install Drivers
4) Reboot your hack and you are ready.

This is a temporary fix, still searching for a real fix.

P.S. Hibernation works because the content of your ram is dumped on your hdd/ssd and when system wakes the dumped content restored to your ram. As you can imagine this read/write process can limit your SSD life so be aware.

APFS FIX:

1) Enable StrictHibernate on Clover Configurator->Boot
2) Create Boot0082 key in nvram with value your APFS volume UUID
  • Open terminal
  • run command "diskutil apfs list" and copy your HighSierra Volume uuid
  • run command "sudo nvram Boot0082=paste here your uuid"
3) Reboot your hack.

(uuid looks like XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX)

Thanks, it works on Mojave (10.14.6). Better than nothing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back