Contribute
Register

High Sierra wake problem (x79)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated to 10.13.6 beta 3.

Something is changing in sleep/wake (but still not working)...
But the issue is changed... not blinking led but sleep/wake loop (no monitor, stil not usable)..
But is different than 10.13.5!

Any change with final 10.13.6?

I tried ozmosis without success, i be able to boot high sierra and sierra but sleep working only to sierra.
News about Ozmosis?
I'm reading about it... and seems the right way. But it's a hard way..

Can you tell me your ozmosis experience ?

No difference at all with Ozmosis, it tried today, I lost 5 or more hours to create a working bios with Ozmosis, system boot but wake not working same loop codes.. Same behaviour at all.

Any change with final 10.13.6?
There is no difference with 10.13.6.

@RehabMan Please can you help?

UPDATE: finally I found a working way to "sleep" computer, well hibernate seems to work when installing high Sierra on hfs+.

So, for anyone who want a sleep-like function on x79 platform install high Sierra on hfs+ partition (google it) and when installation done open terminal and paste that: sudo pmset hibernatemode 25

This command will save your ram content to your ssd/hdd every time when system entering to sleep state and when computer power on will read content from disk and dump it back to ram. Its took more time than real sleep but has some benefits (actually you can remove power cord from your computer while sleeping without any data loss)

APFS support lacks because of clover hibernate code is based on hfs+ file system and because /var/vm folder is not a physical folder on apfs high Sierra installation but an image who mounted on every macOS startup.

Last edited:
*** UPDATE: Hello there, after several tries finally i found a way to "sleep" x79 on High Sierra and even on Mojave. I used hibernation and seems to work well.

For anyone who wants to enable hibernation on high sierra / mojave must do the following steps:

1) open terminal and paste the following command "sudo pmset hibernationmode 25"
2) Update clover to latest version and enable the HibernationFix and RtcHibernateAware on Clover Configurator->Boot
3) Disable any nvram emulation such emuvariableuefi-64.efi from Clover Configurator->Install Drivers
4) Reboot your hack and you are ready.

This is a temporary fix, still searching for a real fix.

P.S. Hibernation works because the content of your ram is dumped on your hdd/ssd and when system wakes the dumped content restored to your ram. As you can imagine this read/write process can limit your SSD life so be aware.

APFS FIX:

1) Enable StrictHibernate on Clover Configurator->Boot
2) Create Boot0082 key in nvram with value your APFS volume UUID
  • Open terminal
  • run command "diskutil apfs list" and copy your HighSierra Volume uuid
  • run command "sudo nvram Boot0082=paste here your uuid"
3) Reboot your hack.

(uuid looks like XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX)

Last edited:
Hmm… when I try those steps, Clover recognizes my system as "hibernated" at the boot screen, but it still immediately reboots itself once it tries to load the OS.

orgixmh,
  1. Do you have HibernationFixup or other similar Lilu plugins installed? Last time I tried using hibernation, I needed to have it installed.

2. Do you have SignatureFixup set in your config.plist?

3. Do you have more than one drive in your system?

I have four drives in my system, and the last time I tried hibernation, it seemed that the boot drive needed to be enumerated as disk0 both on the initial boot and the hibernation wake for it to resume successfully. Since none of my drives is particularly faster than the others, they seem to enumerate in random order, and I could only resume from hibernation maybe once every 10 tries or so.

I was hoping that setting the Boot0082 nvram variable manually might work around that last issue, but so far that doesn't seem to be the case.

In any case, I'm also still trying to find a way to debug S3 wake, but it's slow going.

same, ASROCK X79 resume hibernation screen , then reboot .
Could you be more precise on UUID value. Which one for apfs ? there is one for container, preboot, etc..

Last edited:
*** UPDATE: Hello there, after several tries finally i found a way to "sleep" x79 on High Sierra and even on Mojave. I used hibernation and seems to work well.

For anyone who wants to enable hibernation on high sierra / mojave must do the following steps:

1) open terminal and paste the following command "sudo pmset hibernationmode 25"
2) Update clover to latest version and enable the HibernationFix and RtcHibernateAware on Clover Configurator->Boot
3) Disable any nvram emulation such emuvariableuefi-64.efi from Clover Configurator->Install Drivers
4) Reboot your hack and you are ready.

This is a temporary fix, still searching for a real fix.

P.S. Hibernation works because the content of your ram is dumped on your hdd/ssd and when system wakes the dumped content restored to your ram. As you can imagine this read/write process can limit your SSD life so be aware.

APFS FIX:

1) Enable StrictHibernate on Clover Configurator->Boot
2) Create Boot0082 key in nvram with value your APFS volume UUID
  • Open terminal
  • run command "diskutil apfs list" and copy your HighSierra Volume uuid
  • run command "sudo nvram Boot0082=paste here your uuid"
3) Reboot your hack.

(uuid looks like XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX)

Good morning, I tried with an Asus Rampage IV Black. With the hfs + disk it works. With the apfs disk it starts with the "hibernated" disk but then remains black screen.
I wanted to ask if in the configuration for apfs it is necessary that HibernationFix and RtcHibernateAware are still selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back