i7-12700k
Graphics
RX590
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm running High Sierra 10.13.6 on a Gigabtye GA-H170-D3HP mainboard with an Intel i5 6500 processor and an MSI RX 470 video card. The system seem to be running fine, except that HDMI audio is not working. I did recently replace a 1050ti video card with the RX 470.

I'm using Clover v5.4.5.0 to triple boot the system between Windows, Mint Linux and OS X.

I'm trying to update to Mojave, but not having much luck. I start the update process and the computer restarts. I choose to run the Install OSX disk and the screen goes black, with the Apple logo. After a few seconds there are a bunch of horizontal magenta lines that appear on the screen and the update just stops.

At this point I don't know what could be causing the issue. Old KEXT files? Bad setting in config.plist?

Can someone point me in the right direction? Any cleanup suggestions are appreciated!

My kext files are located in the "Other" folder and are:

AppleALC.kext/ - Updated today
AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext/
CodecCommander.kext/
FakeSMC.kext/
HDMIAudio.kext/ - Installed today
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext/
IntelMausiEthernet.kext/
Lilu.kext/ - Updated today
RealtekRTL8111.kext/
SmallTreeIntel82576.kext/
USBInjectAll.kext/
XHCI-200-series-injector.kext/
XHCI-300-series-injector.kext/
XHCI-x99-injector.kext/

My config.plist is attached.

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.4 KB · Views: 48
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext is deprecated - Now part of WhateverGreen.kext (which you probably should install).
You don't need XHCI-200-series-injector.kext, XHCI-300-series-injector.kext or XHCI-x99-injector.kext as your motherboard is 100 series. They are all superseded by XHCI-unsupported.kext anyway.

So... I left the computer sitting at the corrupted screen for about an hour and the update ended up continuing and finished. I'm now running Mojave without any issues, except for HDMI audio.

Thanks for the info about the kext files. I've cleaned them up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back