Contribute
Register

High Sierra - RX Vega & Final Cut h.264 fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated to 10.13.1. But my boot SSD drive is invisible in clover. Had to reinstall to another drive, but info on how to fix it would be great.

Thx

Have you copied apfs.efi driver in clover under driver?
May be your instllation converted your ssd in apfs and if the driver is missing you can't boot.

Have you copied apfs.efi driver in clover under driver?
May be your instllation converted your ssd in apfs and if the driver is missing you can't boot.

Ha... will try that one

thx

Because hardware acceleration is deactivated?
Does not work for me with hardware acceleration activated.

I never disabled hardware acceleration in Chrome but will check this evening. I'm using iMac (19,1) profile, Lilu & Evergreen with the latest High Sierra

Because hardware acceleration is deactivated?
Does not work for me with hardware acceleration activated.

I am curious about this too @Murmur2k (its in the bottom of "advanced" preferences in Chrome)

Doesn't work for many (if it all, but you), so please share you configuration (which kexts have you added (and version)? - what clover modifications have you done?)

Try and test www.tv2.dk a few times more if you do have acceleation, to just eleminate if you got lucky (I was lucky 1 time it loaded without freeze, and thought it was fixed, but no).

Thanks!

I am curious about this too @Murmur2k (its in the bottom of "advanced" preferences in Chrome)

Doesn't work for many (if it all, but you), so please share you configuration (which kexts have you added (and version)? - what clover modifications have you done?)

Try and test www.tv2.dk a few times more if you do have acceleation, to just eleminate if you got lucky (I was lucky 1 time it loaded without freeze, and thought it was fixed, but no).

Thanks!

Apologies, I'm either very forgetful or it is set itself but I had acceleration disabled.. now crashing

Apologies, I'm either very forgetful or it is set itself but I had acceleration disabled.. now crashing
It seems acceleration works now ok in 10.13.2 beta 0. I had even +10-15% opencl performance boot for my Vega 64.
Still, sleep/wake does not work anymore, and fan spins very fast to keep the GPU cool, and is then quite loud... reverted to 10.13.1.

It seems acceleration works now ok in 10.13.2 beta 0. I had even +10-15% opencl performance boot for my Vega 64.
Still, sleep/wake does not work anymore, and fan spins very fast to keep the GPU cool, and is then quite loud... reverted to 10.13.1.

Cool. I've never been able to get sleep working for me.. Never turns the screen on afterwards. Any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back