Contribute
Register

High Sierra on Dell Optiplex 3010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that Quadro is supported in High Sierra. You could try a GT 710 instead. Then make a legacy Unibeast installer and set your BIOS for legacy booting and it should work.

Thank You for your quick reply, I will look into the GT 710 when I can.

-Discount_Gaming

Thank You for your quick reply, I will look into the GT 710 when I can.

-Discount_Gaming

Back again, but with great news. I had actually considered the GT 710, but I decided to keep on trying and I actually got it to work by creating a legacy installer instead of UEFI, I will see if I can install later.

Thanks for the help,
-Discount_Gaming

EDIT: Got it to install. Everything works perfectly.

Last edited:
I have an Optiplex 3010 and am very interested to know if you got this running.

I have an Optiplex 3010 and am very interested to know if you got this running.
I've just tested one with an i3 and HD4000. I set the BIOS for UEFI booting only and disabled legacy support.
Uncheck - Enable Legacy Option ROMs
Unibeast installer SMBIOS should be Mac mini 6,2 and not the default iMac 14,2. This is mandatory. I made it to the installer and completed the install, so it looks like UEFI booting can work for these with a supported HD4000 CPU, a GT 710 or other Mojave compatible gfx card.

After you flash the BIOS make sure to load defaults and then make these changes.

General
Boot Sequence -> Boot List Option -> UEFI
Advanced Boot Options -> Uncheck - Enable Legacy Option ROMs

System Configuration
Serial Port -> Disabled
Sata Operation -> AHCI
Integrated NIC -> Enabled

Video
Primary Display -> Auto (For HD4000)
Primary Display -> Nvidia or AMD HD Graphics (if using a graphics card)

Post install select the UEFI Quickstart option, Realtek Ethernet kext, AppleALC and WhateverGreen and select Mac mini 6,1 or 6,2 for your SMBIOS (system def.) Rebuild caches, repair permissions. Reboot and see what happens. That should get you started. USB will take some further work and research on your part. They are all USB 2.0 and should be functional. Ports are well under the 15 port limit.

Last edited:
I've just tested one with an i3 and HD4000. I set the BIOS for UEFI booting only and disabled legacy support.

Unibeast installer SMBIOS should be Mac mini 6,2 and not the default iMac 14,2. This is mandatory. I made it to the installer and completed the install, so it looks like UEFI booting can work for these with a supported HD4000 CPU, a GT 710 or other Mojave compatible gfx card.

After you flash the BIOS make sure to load defaults and then make these changes.

General
Boot Sequence -> Boot List Option -> UEFI
Advanced Boot Options -> Uncheck - Enable Legacy Option ROMs

System Configuration
Serial Port -> Disabled
Sata Operation -> AHCI
Integrated NIC -> Enabled

Video
Primary Display -> Auto (For HD4000)
Primary Display -> Nvidia or AMD HD Graphics (if using a graphics card)

Post install select the UEFI Quickstart option, Realtek Ethernet kext, AppleALC and WhateverGreen and select Mac mini 6,1 or 6,2 for your SMBIOS (system def.) Rebuild caches, repair permissions. Reboot and see what happens. That should get you started. USB will take some further work and research on your part. They are all USB 2.0 and should be functional. Ports are well under the 15 port limit.

Hi, you did great. Would you like to share your EFI folder ?

Thanks in advance

Hi, you did great. Would you like to share your EFI folder ?

Thanks in advance
You have the 7010 so follow my guide for that. The files are all included. There is a guide for Mojave and a separate video guide for Catalina. If you just copy and paste someone else's EFI you'll miss out on all that you should learn to be a hackintosh owner. The guides are clear and easy to follow. Give one a try.

You have the 7010 so follow my guide for that. The files are all included. There is a guide for Mojave and a separate video guide for Catalina. If you just copy and paste someone else's EFI you'll miss out on all that you should learn to be a hackintosh owner. The guides are clear and easy to follow. Give one a try.

Thanks for your reply, i'll try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back