Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 3010 Sandy Bridge
CPU
Intel Pentium G640
Graphics
Intel HD
Hi All

This is my first try to install high sierra into dell optiplex 3010.

Bios Settings:
UEFI
Enable Legacy Option ROMs
Internal NIC: Enable with out PXE
Serial Port: Disabled
SATA Operation: AHCI
Enable Intel SpeedStep
Enable C-States
Disable Intel VT

I use unibeast 8.2 to create the usb installer. After I start the installation, I got the screen as attached. Then the system restart automatically.

I am pleased if anyone can provide some hints.

Regards

KT

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 732
  • IMG_1671.JPG
    IMG_1671.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,237
Last edited:
here my working clover configuration and kext for Optiplex 3010, also running well on my HP Prodesk 600 G1.
After Installation you need kext edit for Intel HD 4000 to make your mac boot faster!

Attachments

• CLOVER-Optiplex 3010_High_Sierra-3rr0rists.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,443
Thank you for yours' reply.

I did the unibeast 8.2 workarounds. And use the clover that @3rr0rists provided. I do think the config of Optiplex 3010 is the same except mine is G640. And I found that there is a message show unsupported CPU as what @trs96 said. I don't know is it the cause I cannot jump into the installation step.

Attached please find the screen captures of the bootup.

Regards

KT

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 724
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 630
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 660
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 592
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 582
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 651
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 747
here my working clover configuration and kext for Optiplex 3010, also running well on my HP Prodesk 600 G1.
After Installation you need kext edit for Intel HD 4000 to make your mac boot faster!

So I am brand new to all this, I read through the how to section and everything, but how can i use the zip you provided to help in my quest to load High Sierra on my system? ( sorry if it seems like a bonehead question, but I am super new to this)

Have you had any progress on the install on the 3010 unit? I am about to try set one up but so far cannot get the installer to boot. Stuck at the apple logo.

Have you had any progress on the install on the 3010 unit? I am about to try set one up but so far cannot get the installer to boot. Stuck at the apple logo.

I wrote a guide for the Dell 7010/9010 models. The UEFI install process in that guide doesn't apply to the 3010 though because that is a completely different chipset. The 7010/9010 are both Q77 chipset and the 3010 is the older H61 chipset.

Screen_Shot.jpgChipset and socket for the Dell Optiplex 3010.

I have not tested a 3010 but my guess would be that you'd need to make a Legacy Unibeast installer and use that instead of UEFI. Give that a try and see if you reach the installer. BTW what CPU is installed into your 3010 ? You should list all of the hardware specs in your profile or signature. Link to Dell 7010 guide is in my signature below if you need some ideas.

Last edited:
Hi trs96

Thanks for the followup on the old thread.

The Optiplex unit I am trying to install has:
Core i5- 3470
Intel HD 2500 graphics
8GB RAM
120GB SSD

I will try using the legacy installer to see if that works.
Thank you.

Hello everyone,

I got the same "+++++++++++++" error as karicktung. My specs are:

Intel Core i3-3240 @ 3.40GHz (HD2500 Integrated Graphics, but I'm going to use dedicated graphics instead)

4GB of RAM

NVIDIA Quadro FX1800

I will really appreciate if anyone can help out.

Thanks,
-DiscountGaming

Hello everyone,

I got the same "+++++++++++++" error as karicktung. My specs are:

Intel Core i3-3240 @ 3.40GHz (HD2500 Integrated Graphics, but I'm going to use dedicated graphics instead)

4GB of RAM

NVIDIA Quadro FX1800

I will really appreciate if anyone can help out.

Thanks,
-DiscountGaming
I don't think that Quadro is supported in High Sierra. You could try a GT 710 instead. Then make a legacy Unibeast installer and set your BIOS for legacy booting and it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back