Contribute
Register

High Sierra on Dell 3020 compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!

I've got this old rig that has been sitting out, so I decided to give it a try as my first Hackintosh. I searched a few threads here, but I haven't found anything too specific in regards of this build. Does anyone knows if it'd be a compatible option to run HS on?

Dell Optiplex 3020
CPU: Intel i5 4590 3.3Ghz
MoBo: LGA 1150 - DIH81R/Tigris (12125-1M)
RAM: (2x4) 8gb DDR3 1600Mhz
HDD: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM
GPU: ECS GeForce 9500GT 1gb DDR3 PCIe

I'm running clover, but no success so far. I'm stuck on the apple logo and getting auto rebooted a few seconds after. I've tried to run on verbose mode, but I get nothing more than a command line full of "+" signs.

Does anyone have ever experienced something similar or help a similar build? I appreciate any suggestions or help for this build!

Hello everyone!

I've got this old rig that has been sitting out, so I decided to give it a try as my first Hackintosh. I searched a few threads here, but I haven't found anything too specific in regards of this build. Does anyone knows if it'd be a compatible option to run HS on?

Dell Optiplex 3020

I'm running clover, but no success so far. I'm stuck on the apple logo and getting auto rebooted a few seconds after. I've tried to run on verbose mode, but I get nothing more than a command line full of "+" signs.

Does anyone have ever experienced something similar or help a similar build? I appreciate any suggestions or help for this build!

I have the SFF Optiplex 3020 with the same CPU. I remember the motherboard BIOS didn't have a lot of the settings that the guides show to change (Don't know if the Jan. 2018 Dell BIOS update changed anything in that regard). I ended up getting an Asus B85M-G R2.0 and pulling the CPU from the Optiplex (couldn't fit my 1050 TI GPU in the case and the original board only had 2 SATA ports).
I'm gonna upload the EFI (for the EFI partition of your USB drive) folder (zipped up) that got my machine booted into the Mac OS High Sierra Installer. Should boot the config.plist by default, if that doesn't get you anywhere, try the Config-Haswell.plist from Clover. Also, make sure to use the DVI port if you're using that GPU as Mac OS High Sierra doesn't support VGA.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3 MB · Views: 326
Hello everyone!

Dell Optiplex 3020

Would be best to remove the 9500GT and do the install with HD4600 graphics instead. Use the DP output. Adapt it to HDMI if you need that for your monitor. Don't use the VGA output.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015OW3M1W/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

I currently have a working HS Optiplex 3020 SFF. I use the onboard HD 4600 graphics over DP to HDMI with audio working natively rather than Voodoo. If your still interested Hopefully I could help you
Were you able to get the onboard Realtek audio to work ?

yes audio is working. I got help from another forum. By using the latest AppleALC and Lilu kexts in the EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other folder and in clover configurator editing the config.plist under Devices/Audio and entering 3 in the drop down box with Inject, AddClockID, FixOwnership, HighCurrent and ResetHDA ticked. I also was given an SSDT to use to get the audio over my DP to HDMI cable.

(I can't remember if Shiki.kext is required too)

Something to note is this required a native AppleHDA.kext so I believe that if any other methods have been tried to get audio to work it may not work trying this.

If I'm wrong feel free to correct me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back