Asus Prime Z270K
CPU
I7-7700 3.6Ghz/8MB
Graphics
Gigabyte GEForce GTX 1050 TI G1 Gaming 4G
-Problems detecting HDD's (SATA) exept USB-HDD's
-Time-Machine is terribly slow
-Additional-Update after going up to high-sierra does not install correctly
-Can boot the System with USB only (Clover r4243)
-I have no EFI-board, so i hd to find out that i have to add apfs.efi also into the drivers64-section
-Sierra was quiet stable, high-sierra is crap!!

-I have no EFI-board, so i hd to find out that i have to add apfs.efi also into the drivers64-section

This is why many people suggest you wait until at least 10.13.3 to upgrade. It's much less painful that way. If Sierra still works and does what you need it to what's the reason to jump into H.Sierra ?

This is why many people suggest you wait until at least 10.13.3 to upgrade. It's much less painful that way. If Sierra still works and does what you need it to what's the reason to jump into H.Sierra ?

Because i did not see major problems concerning high-sierra so far?

What will High Sierra do for you that Sierra can't do ?

New and faster File-System?
Little Bugs in Sierra? (Loosing Network-Connections to my NAS, so everytime i want to access, i have to clean DNS-Cache
New Graphics-Engine?

I'm Uprading since tiger and never had major problems after upgrading to the next os, thats my experience. But High-Sierra is not even good enough to call it beta. Its just a warning: DO NOT UPGRADE...

New and faster File-System?
Little Bugs in Sierra? (Loosing Network-Connections to my NAS, so everytime i want to access, i have to clean DNS-Cache
New Graphics-Engine?

APFS not a good idea on a Hack. I use Ethernet here connects to my Server & Backup Server perfectly fine.

I'm Uprading since tiger and never had major problems after upgrading to the next os, thats my experience. But High-Sierra is not even good enough to call it beta. Its just a warning: DO NOT UPGRADE...

I upgraded because I can. Its not that bad not found any bugs although I did not migrate to APFS no point on a hack.

I have HS working on my Z97 build just fine. I restored using time machine over network to my synology.. no issues with that or with backups being slow. Detects all SATA drives just fine. I did notice that my install USB does not see the main OS drive to boot from, as you said.. but other than that, no issues here. Using the new APFS just fine as well.

I've activated hot swap (AHCI mode) in bios and that worked OK in Sierra (orange icons), but now, in High Sierra, those disks are shown as internal (non ejectable, not hot swap) and are detected as PCI instead of SATA.
I don't find anything about this problem in the net :banghead:
Do you have experimented this kind of issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back