Contribute
Register

High Sierra installer won't run, Can't download important content at this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did the same; now I'm at least seeing "Install MacOS X" instead of "Re-Install" but the same error. I really do suspect Apple is messing around with the signing service or something. Not sure why we need it at all with the fully downloaded installer though.

I don't need Beta Enroll right? If I want to use the non-Beta just
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

I followed instructions but USB not bootable :S

Last edited:
So I tried another experiment with an older version of the High Sierra installer, this one is dated October 4, 2017, version 13.0.64, so for sure older than the current one. Boots fine, but once you get into the installer and past the Recovery Server check same issue. I'm continuing to suspect Apple has somehow started blocking the installs since there doesn't seem to be any way past the check in with their servers at the moment. I may try this installer with UniBeast 8.1.0, but I'm not hopeful at this point.

I shall give it a shot. If it's just UniBeast I wonder why I can't use 8.1.0 (Or at least I couldn't with the March 27th build). Trying it with the one from October 2017 and then I'll give the manual method a try.
UniBeast 8.1.0 will probably work if you update Clover.

I made a usb week pass with the latest version and she walked, today even machine even usb and I have this message
The Rules said:
Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, nonsense posts, or one word (or short) posts

Well I have 10.13.5 Beta on my Macbook now but not find the Beta installer anywhere :D
Anyway I built my own but it goes to prohibited logo :'(
Now in verbose it seems boot, can anybody explain why I get 2-3-4 times prohibited logo after it just boot without any problems?
I do the same think start and click on the only possible installer.
And it halt at
Rescheduling scan for unused kexts in 50 sec..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back