Motherboard
OSX 10.11.5
CPU
i7-4770k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 780 x2
Mac
  1. iMac
I am currently running El Capitan and thought I should upgrade my OS. At first I tried the direct install approach but the App store said that High Sierra cannot be installed on m machine and wouldn't even let me download it.

I downloaded HS from my laptop and made a USB drive from the guide and attempted to boot to it. I get past the black apple screen but that goes away and is replaced by a black screen with the white loading spinning circle and it just hangs forever.

Tried to load the HS installer from the USB while running El Capitan but whenever I click continue on the installer I get a message that the installation cannot continue because the "installation requires downloading important content, and that content can't be downloaded at this time."

I have internet so I don't know what gives. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks.

You were 100% correct. I was on 3,1. I changed it like you suggested and the installer worked. However, once I restarted apparently it didn't take. It said the install was successful but my "about this mac" still says I'm on El Capitan!?

You were 100% correct. I was on 3,1. I changed it like you suggested and the installer worked. However, once I restarted apparently it didn't take. It said the install was successful but my "about this mac" still says I'm on El Capitan!?

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Make sure that you have FakeSMC.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

Hey guys, I got exactly the same problem with Fresh Unibeast install. I followed the guide every time I press next it is giving me this message, the install OS sees my NVME and ethernet card (get's an IP too), the default UniBeast is set to iMac14.2 also but nothing I try works. Any advise?

Same here as well. Brand new system build off the 2018 Custom Mini Deluxe guide, boot seems fine, I have networking, but when I click "Continue" to install High Sierra, just says "Installation requires downloading important content. That content can't be downloaded at this time. Try again later."

Brand new boot USB made yesterday from the store copy, and I've confirmed the High Sierra installer on the USB is the full 5.3ish GB installer.

I have networking, but when I click "Continue" to install High Sierra, just says "Installation requires downloading important content. That content can't be downloaded at this time. Try again later."

I have the same problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back